Beautiful and modern piece of technology
- 3 replacements of the command levers module.
- oil level measurement sporadic failure. After several trials, dealer was unable to solve the issue!
- horn sporadic failure. The root cause is a contact failure of a wire mass terminal under the driver airbag. Everyone can easily remove the airbag and solve it in 20'.
- 2 Peugeot recals: 1 for software ugrade and an other for fuel valve support replacement. No failure experienced.
- stabilizer bar was touching the car body in tight cornering making an annoying noise.
Even admitting I had and know about several quality problems with the 307, I must admit I love the car and I would buy it again.
The car is comfortable. Ergonomics is OK, good construction, fantastic design. The automatic AC works perfect, I never needed to make manual compensations.
The 1.4HDI unit is not enough to make it faster, but I knew what I was getting. Very good price for what you can get from this car (in Portuguese market...).
This car is really a high tech machine: the small 1.4 is a good peace of engineering, the multiplexing makes it one of the most technological cars in the market.
Excluding the minor problems I had in the very beginning, I never needed to waste not even 1€ in repairs.
The 307 is a very cheap car to maintain, spares are cheap and maintenance periods large.
Now with 58000km, I still have tyres and brake pads for more than 30.000km.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 21st October, 2005