2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 230 Kompressor EVO
Excellent car. Drives great and puts a smile on your face every time
Thankfully, no serious issues until now.
- Rear left wheel speed sensor gave up after 140000 km. Caused ABS, ESP and BAS errors. Found it quite cheap and easy to change DIY.
- Brake light switch wore out and caused the brake lights not to come on when the brake pedal was pressed. Also cheap and easy to change DIY.
- One faulty Parktronic sensor will shut off the entire system.
- Common problem on the W210 and W208.. the time and temp displays from the dash are broken. Again, an easy DIY job.
- Elegant describes it perfectly. The design and looks of the car are beautiful. Still a head turner even after 13 years. Makes its presence felt without showing off.
- Great touring car.
- Wouldn't exactly call it slow. Will give you a good kick in the back and won't get overtaken too often on the motorway. Will do 160 mph.
- Great handling at high speeds. Sticks great to the asphalt in the bends. The steering rack should have been a bit sharper; you do get a bit of oversteer in tighter bends. Doesn't roll though, even with stock suspension and shocks.
- Great brakes. Fading is an issue though.
- Stock exhaust... great engine and exhaust noise.
- Good torque at low RPM.
- Good gas mileage if you're the type of person that would buy a car like this for good MPG.
- The seats are very comfortable and the car is well equipped in the Elegance category. The interior is a great place to be. Never buy one without leather and a sunroof.
- Service it properly and at about every 10000 km, and you shouldn't have an issue with it. After 150000 km, I still use Mobil 1 0W40.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 1st April, 2013