1996 Hyundai Elantra GLS 1.6
Relatively reliable but expensive to maintain
1. Poor paintwork. Paint peels easily.
2. Brakes don't grip well both in wet & dry conditions.
3. Gear shift is stiff and the throw is too long.
4. Fuel consumption is quite high.
5. Handbrake doesn't lock on a steep incline.
6. Windows & windshield quality leaves streaks even after cleaning.
In general, consumers planning to service their cars should not send it back to Komoko Motors, the Singapore dealer of Hyundai. Their workmanship is terrible & their staff are unprofessional. Also, they tend to dilute your coolant, overlook obvious defects & if you buy any aftermarket product from them, such as car alarms, they won't guarantee them if there's a defect.
Never experienced such unprofessionalism before.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 29th December, 2000