1994 Citroen ZX 2.0i 16v
Brilliant when fault-free
- 1x clogged injectors (needed cleaning)
- 3x or 4x had to change the negative pressure (AC AV system) diaphragms and major part of the whole system
- had to change all (4) the ignition spools for about 3x
- petrol pump gone off at ca. 120.000 km
- one bearing of the main belt crushed at the service check before my and my mechanic's eyes
- almost all the hoses and distributors for negative pressure system had to be renewed (otherwise the engine ran like the oldest diesel on earth)
- flywheel sensor renewed at 120.000 km
- thermostat renewed at 120.000 km
- sunshade mechanism for driver and co-driver wore to the end at ca. 110.000 km
- huge problems with central locking of the 3rd door
- the mechanism of the driver's electric window had to be renewed
- the catalyst went off at app. 120.000 km.
At the end I had a PhD out of this engine ;)
This car was really something.
I've had it for 6 years and in this period and I had so much mixed emotions about it.
When there was nothing wrong, it was a superb vehicle.
It handled awesome, I especially liked the elastic-kinematic rear axle, the interior was very user-friendly and ergonomically designed.
The feeling in general, the seats were sporty, firm but nevertheless very comfortable.
On the other side, all the failures and at some points almost illogical faults or troubles sometimes pushed me over the edge of nerves.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 18th June, 2008