Front brake pads and disks replaced, minor works on steering mechanism done, back shock absorbers replaced, new cooling system tubes, new battery. Some minor faults maybe, but fixed by myself in a couple of minutes. Extremely reliable car.
That was the best car I've ever had. Beautiful, with excellent fuel economy, reliable, easy to drive and handle, with good acceleration and decent long-distance average speed. It was also quite comfortable and spacious for its size.
I would still be owning it, but unfortunately I had an accident when a careless driver took my priority and it had to go to the junk... In little more than one year I'd done 30.000 kilometres with it, but on 270.000 km of base! It took me around a great part of Europe.
The first owner told me that the clutch was never replaced! 300.000 kilometres with the original clutch. And it was still OK! He replaced the alternator and the cooler at 200.000!
At the end, the car started to overheat a little and I planned to replace a head gasket soon... but it's normal for that age and mileage. Unfortunately, the accident overtook me... I was planning to keep that car even after purchasing a new one, to become an oldie. I'm still sad because of the accident. I'll never have the car like that any more.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 25th July, 2006
1987 Peugeot 309 SR 1.3 carb.
Cheap and compact
- The car was already in pretty bad shape when I got it, but it didn't stop me because it was for free and I needed a car.
- The interior has literally been falling apart, especially the lower plastic parts under the steering wheel and the radio.
- The car is still shaking when I try to hold it at speed, but when I accelerate it's OK. I still don't know what's wrong with it.
- The water spraying apparatus hasn't work for quite some time already.
- The hydraulics on the trunk door don't work. I have to hold them up if I want to keep them open.
The car is 20 years old, and despite all the problems I have with it, I'm still satisfied. It has a great acceleration for a 1.3 and also pretty nice top speed (175 km/h).
Its consumption moves from 30 to 50 miles/gallon or 6-8 l/km. If you want to buy this car, buy it from someone who has taken VERY good care of it, or else you will be left with problems.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 4th July, 2006
Average review marks: 8.4 / 10, based on 2 reviews