1997 Cadillac Seville STS 4.6 Northstar
I bought this car for 2200 USD with 210.000 KM and without both mufflers (great sound after kick-down and I couldn't hear a Lambo which was by my side :) ) - now it has 280.000 KM.
There was only one error - left front suspension strut - I just replaced a bad/burned SMD resistor in a suspension control-module and everything's fine :) (cost = 0.30 USD for the resistor and 20 minutes)
Problems and what I done:
- (at 250.000 KM) Both front wheel bearings because of a small clearance (took aftermarket parts, 100 USD both - still working good).
- Brake discs on the back (both).
- Brake-fluid-liner (some rust - not very bad, I changed it).
- Water (a lot) in the trunk - I took all lights down, cleared everything and sealed with silicone ... still have a some humidity, but no water (not so bad).
- Around 250.000 KM the heating started to work bad; I can choose between cold (min) or hot (max) and sometimes I can't change between it :/
- At 265.000 KM it started to lose about 2L cooling water between 100-1000 KM and I got condensation/damp on the windshield (only during colder weather days) which I can't clear - only possibility is to open both front windows for a while until it's clear again... the problem there is probably on the heater-radiator under the dashboard, but I don't have the desire (or nerve) to fix it (... and so I bought my second STS y2000 with 143.000 KM for 850 USD black/black and Navigation - so far so good, only problem is a non-working CD-changer, but I will put one in from my 1997 STS :) )
Great car, great feeling by driving it, less problems even though I didn't service it correctly :/ (I never changed the oil filter or oil - I just put in oil when it needed it, and I changed the air filter and also spark plugs at 260.000 KM).
My slant: once a Cadillac - always a Cadillac.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 31st January, 2016