1991 Chevrolet Caprice 5 l gas engine
A highly recommendable goo car indeed
- Everything OK. Had just to replace a burnt out bulb for the front headlights.
- Very robust, comfortable, reliable, confortable car indeed
- One small drawback: the body of the car is rather bulky, roundnosed(like having baby fat around it) with protruding parts in front and in the rear. No wonder thy nickname it the "whale"! This body idiosyncrasy made it tricky for me to park it in the second underground floor of the building: there was a only few inches clearance from the fenders to the next wall...
- Despite it's huge size, easy to drive even on narrow mountain roads in the Swiss Alps...
- Would still drive it, had I not been offered an enticing Cadillac Fleetwood 1989.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 23rd March, 2003
23rd Nov 2004, 19:49
I have a loaded '91 Caprice Classic. Great car, very solid and reliable. Make sure you treat them with Krown or other rust-preventative. These cars are "over-built" and will last forever if you keep on top of the maintenance.
12th Jun 2007, 03:52
I bought one 3 years ago with 123000 miles and now it has 180000 miles. The performance is same as it was at 123000.
A great car indeed!Anil John