You would have thought that with all these mishaps, I would be put off. No.
Seating wacky, but practical. Both children can seat in front and mum stretches out along the length of back seat.
Weekly shopping fits comfortably in boot which is deceptive in size.
Took out all seats and able to honor long standing commitment to clear our garage.
Six and a half hour trip to Cornwall was ultimate test. Comfortable - even the children didn't mind. Chaos on M25 when leaving resulting in night driving. It wasn't that bad. I particularly like the high drive height and all round visibility.
When she goes she goes, and took the hills and dips in her stride. Overtaking not as sharp as a petrol engine. Very low ratio in gear one only good for 2 seconds after starting off.
At Today's diesel price of 78p /liter, I seem to spend about £40.00 every 300 miles of local driving - school runs, work local, shopping etc. Work out the math.
1. Remote electric window controls for driver and passenger side windows only. Cannot control rear windows from driver side. How many times do you tell the children to wind up fully?
2. Back seat headrests means poor visibility through rear window.
3. Rear window wiper set to one speed only. Cannot do intermittent wipe like you can with front wipers.
4. Only one cup holder in the front!! It's molded into the dash board so can't take extra large drinks.
5. Front seat belts do not always spring back when you release. You know that horrible feeling when you have jammed the buckle against the frame when shutting / slamming the door.
Some one tell FIAT to bring out a long wheel base model as the boot space could be a bit better, and pls, pls an automatic model or at least fit cruise control. Would I buy a newer model later on?. I don't know, cos I have really been put off by the dealership. From what I have read, it seems to be a common problem with FIAT dealerships.