1997 Ford Windstar LX 3.0 V6
Great handling, extremely comfortable
1. Alternator replaced at 150k.
2. Air suspension (converted to spring LX).
3. Thermostat replaced at 270k.
4. Shock absorbers replaced (at 270k).
5. Front blowers turning off at full throttle.
6. Serpentine belt replaced 5 times.
7. Belt tensioners replaced 2 times.
This car is great. Just make sure you service it at regular intervals.
The only headache was at 270k, had an overheating problem due to a faulty thermostat. The A/C blowers have stumped all the technicians here, but it's not really a problem as the rear A/C alone can cool the entire car, even in the 54 degree C summers that we get here.
It handles extremely well and is very stable, even at its top speed of 195 kph. Acceleration is baffling considering the pitiful power.
Really comfy, especially now with the new shock absorbers. I just hope parts will continue to be supplied. Compared to modern cars, parts are relatively cheap. I guess the reliability issues come with the neglect of proper maintenance.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 28th January, 2015