2005 Jaguar S-Type R 2.5 petrol
1) Air conditioning offered weird smells.
2) Brakes started to squeak and started to wear off within 20,000kms.
3) Windows screeched every time they were operated.
4) CD player skipped and never fully played the CDs.
5) The reception of the radio was VERY poor.
6) The auto headlights kept blinding other drivers.
1) Very good for taking to the mountains.
2) Good all-wheel drive - never lost control on snow.
3) Seats too hard and the J-shifter must be removed.
4) The sports package should include a body kit and a larger spoiler.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 28th December, 2005
28th Dec 2005, 21:02
All-wheel-drive in the S-Type?
Are you sure?
29th Dec 2005, 10:07
And if that were the only "problem"... An S-type R with a 2.5 lt engine?
28th Jan 2006, 23:55
I think he is talking about the X-type...
24th Mar 2006, 06:29
"nvr lost control on snow"
Snow in Arabian Emirates?
1st Jul 2007, 23:08
I have had mine for two years.. with a couple of problems, but the dealership always took care of it ~ even giving me another Jag as a loaner. So overall I have been satisfied, plus I just overall love my car. I will for sure consider getting another one as my next car.
18th Nov 2007, 13:33
UHHH this guy messed up a lot, something totally wrong with this guy (Sorry)
16th Feb 2008, 04:18
This bloke is talking rubbish! there has never been a all wheel drive S type.
If he is talking about a Jaguar it has to be an X type and they didn`t have a type R???