2005 Lexus GS 430 4.3 V8
Very Comfortable, Reliable, Luxurious and sporty car
- strange noise and movement while braking on low speeds. I feel like somebody is hitting me from behind.
- smart key doesn't work sometimes. I have to push the keyless buttons to make it work. and sometimes it says "key not detected" when trying to start the engine.
- bad smells from A/C (for 10 seconds after switching it on)
- many False alarms by one of the parking sensors. it shows that there is obstcale however nothing is there!
The following I liked mostly in the car
- best price in it's class (versus E500, A6 4.2, 545i)
- acceleration.. very fast.. 0-62 in 6 seconds I've tested that.
- quickly pull up on high speeds.
- in term of consumption is car is very efficient for such big V8 engine
- engine noise is minimal
- parking assistance and rear camera (a MUST HAVE option)
- plenty of options (everything you need from a sport sedan)
- seats are very comfortable
- Excellent A/C, even at very hot weather (42+ Degree)
-smooth driving, smooth and excellent cornering/handling on high speeds.
-sporty driving experience
- very stable on high speeds and on the highway.
-touch screen very helpful
- Navigation system is very practical and very easy to use, much better than Audi, Range Rover, BMW, Nissan and Porsche (I've used all of them)
-braking needs minimal physical work to stop the car...very nice.. at high speeds, it is really smooth and perform very well.
Things I didn't like
- Middle East version doesn't have RDS on Radio FM and doesn't have DVD Option
- you can only save 6 FM channels!!! REALLY BAD
- NO iPod integration for such expensive luxury car
- NO MP3 playback and NO DVD-Audio for such expensive car
- parking breaks doesn't hold the car unless if you pushed it to it's limit!
- barking is not very smooth at low speeds, however it performs very well.
- some Tire and Air noise at 120+ km/h for such expensive car (compared with BMW and Mercedes)
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 16th May, 2006