2002 Acura CL Reviews

Model year2002
Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 3.2 VTEC V6 Semi-Automatic
Previous carChrysler Concorde

Summary:

A great car all around. Performance. Economy. Comfort.

The transmission went out at about 45000 miles. There is a known issue with the cars from vehicles prior to the 2003 model year, a dealer-installed fix is available but it only seems to solve the issue 50% of the time. I did not pay a single dime for a new transmission and I got a new TL to drive while my CL was being fixed (took a week). Since this, I have not had a single issue with my car...

General Comments:

I really like this vehicle. I have managed 31 MPG on a 100 mile trip (cruise control, low wind, straight road with no stops). It can get up and go when I need it and is still quite comfortable for a front wheeled drive sport coupe. I'm quite satisfied with it and do not plan to replace it until I start having problems crop up.

Review Date: 20th November, 2008

2002 Acura CL - S 3.2 from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 3.2 Semi-Automatic
Most recent distance20000 miles
Previous carAcura RL

Summary:

Great value, but poor reliability

I have had multiple problems with the suspension of the car which has resulted in $1400 repairs. Even after all of that my springs still squeak and my front tires are worn out after 20,000 miles. I have never hit a curb or anything and I have had the car aligned a total of 5 times.

My transmission started to go bad at about 12,000 miles. Because of the sudden down-shifting I was pulled over by a cop and was told that my car is unsafe. Hopefully one day soon my dealer will fix this problem.

General Comments:

The car has good performance and a lot of features for a very reasonable price. It has good handling and a very comfortable ride.

I do wish that my car was more reliable and that the customer service at Acura dealerships was a little better.

Hopefully Honda will address some of the reliability problems in the future.

Review Date: 30th January, 2003