2007 Acura RL Gas from North America

Summary:

Nice, but not great

Everyone told me what a wonderful car the Acura is, well guess what...

Driver's door doesn't stay open when exiting or getting into the vehicle. For some unknown reason it slams shut at the slightest touch.

Windshield wipers are the pits, the top half of the glass, right in the line of vision, for some reason doesn't clean itself when functioning. I have complained to the dealer twice, they did put a new pair of blades on, but it did not help at all. For some reason there does not seem to be enough pressure on the top half of the blade. Very poor quality control and design.

General Comments:

Nice car, but some of the electronics are not very good. Can't shut off information center once it is brought up on the screen.

Review Date: 22nd August, 2006

22nd Aug 2006, 15:24

Funnily enough, Car and Driver reported quite a few problems with their long term fleet '06 RL. C'mon, Honda...

22nd Aug 2006, 19:27

These seem like very nitpicky points for what you get in return. I went from Mercedes to my 2nd new Acura and haven't lost anything other than the cachet.

20th Sep 2006, 17:24

Mine has been wonderful except for excessive spark knock while going up hills and when I come to a complete stop and gun the car to take off. The dealers say that this is normal and no lights are on, but I think that the car is ill.

My only other issue is that the drivers electric seat pops when the seat is moved and the seat has a bit of free play in it when one brakes, or accelerates hard.