2006 Acura TSX Reviews

2006 Acura TSX 6MT w/ navi from North America

Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carAudi A4

Summary:

Great reliable car

I have had this car for 2 years now. My previous car was an Audi A4 (2003). The contrast between my Audi and the TSX in terms of problems is amazing. My Audi (which I liked a lot for its design and driver feel) had so many mechanical problems before 30K that it is hard for me to justify ever going back to Audi. From mold in the AC to airbag problems, a fuel pump that left me stranded, to alignment problems and continual burned out headlights, taillights and an audio system with intermittent problems (it seemed possessed), the Audi spent a significant amount of time in the shop. Dealer service was poor. By contrast, my TSX after 2 years and nearly 40,000 miles has had ZERO problems! It has and continues to perform flawlessly (knock on wood). I am very impressed with the (Japan built) fit and finish of the car and of course its reliability. Unlike others on here who did not like the navigation system, I have found it to perform very well. I would recommend this car.

General Comments:

Overall, this is a capable, sporty car with great MPG. (30 highway) However, the factory Michelins do not handle that well in rain. My Audi did feel more confident in rain/snow, as it was all wheel drive. For me though, the TSX's reliability and quality is more important.

Review Date: 16th June, 2008

2006 Acura TSX 6speed MT w/Navigation 2.4L from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 2.4L Manual
Previous carFord Cougar

Summary:

A great buy and worth the price

1 week after purchase, the lower cubbyhole door on the center console would not close. The latch seems to be broken. Repair requires replacement of the door which could entail removal of the entire center console.

As the car is still under warranty, I took the car to an Acura dealer who ordered the part (a 1 month wait), only to then discover that they ordered the wrong part. The correct part has been "on order" for 4 months now and counting.

It seems that the dealer is happy to perform routine service and engine repairs, but has little desire to perform a warranty repair.

General Comments:

An peppy car with smooth acceleration. Very quick.

Previous posts were negative on the stereo system, but I found it to be very good.

The Navigation seems to be out of date, as there are several urban areas here in south Florida that aren't mapped well. My GPS equipped PDA is more up to date.

The blue-tooth is excellent. Simple to setup and make and receive calls - provided your phone is compatible.

Heated leather seats are very comfortable, even during sharp turns.

Review Date: 23rd May, 2007

2006 Acura TSX Navi ?? from North America

Engine and transmission ?? Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen Jetta

Summary:

Good, but very disappoited at Navi unit and Acura response too bad system

The Navigational system is very substandard for the price. One should not buy it because the data contained is very incomplete and updates are very expensive, Is is a 2000 dollar add on and you can get the best aftermarket units for about 700.

Review Date: 28th March, 2007

2006 Acura TSX 6 MT 2.4L from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4L Manual
Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

The best money can buy right now

So far so good-With the occasional creek or rattle coming from where the dash and A-pillar meet I'm quite happy with the build quality.

I've had no issues w/ the car mechanically.

General Comments:

Unlike some on here, I'm averaging 27.4 mpg this tank and 28.8 mpg over the life of the car. I have currently 6,000 miles on it.

The blue tooth is great, but the stereo isn't to great. Keeping the head unit intact I replaced all the speakers and added a 6 channel amp and a 12" sub. Muuuuuuuuuuch better now.

The drives smooth and quiet, but it could use a little more power. I'm sure I'll get used to it...I'm coming off of a Camaro SS so the lack of torque in this car will take some getting used to.

This car has everything you could ever want. Leather, sunroof, heated seats, alloy wheels, bluetooth, ABS, EBD, VSC, multi-function computer in the gauge panel... all standard.

I like this car a lot... although Acura's new RDX is catching my eye. :)

Review Date: 4th November, 2006

2006 Acura TSX 2.4 FWD from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4 FWD Automatic
Previous carBMW 3 Series

Summary:

Overall--a really good car with lots of positives

Nothing has gone wrong with the car to date. There is an occasional engine "rev' that seems strange, but I'm having that checked next week.

General Comments:

The car is very comfortable--the seats are supportive with good side bolstering.

It has all the bells and whistles most people could want or need.

The ride is solid and overall quiet.

Paint job is the best on any car I've owned except the BMW which is also a high quality finish.

Gas mileage seems a bit low--under 22 around town. I haven't had it on a long trip yet, but will soon.

Review Date: 25th March, 2006

2006 Acura TSX n/a 4 cylinder-inline from North America

Engine and transmission 4 cylinder-inline Automatic
Previous carToyota Prius

Summary:

It's an outstanding value

Having put only 200 miles on the car, in the little over two weeks I've owned it, I can't say the fact nothing has gone wrong means very much.

General Comments:

After four years in a Prius, I'm wowed by the pep of the TSX. I'm under-wowed by the gas mileage: I was getting 47mpg with the Prius, I'm just below 22mpg with the TSX.

The interior is posh; it compares favorably with the Q45 I owned from 1991 to 1996. Technology having advanced, it has a good many more bells and whistles than the Q -- including blue-tooth for my phone and an MP3 connection -- and its sound system is also better than the first generation Q's.

Review Date: 12th March, 2006

25th Oct 2006, 11:30

I'm sorry, but you can't compare a hybrid vehicle like the prius to a premium 200hp Sport Sedan. You'd have to compare it to another car in its class.

8th Sep 2008, 21:52

I too have owned a Q45, I bet you got sick of how bad it was on gas and got a prius. I loved the Q45 until I drove a BMW.

The Acura TSX seems pretty good value, I will definitely take a look.