Stylish, individual, luxurious, and comfortable and reliable, but expensive to run
1. Air Conditioning was broken when I bought it, and I never bothered to get it fixed because in UK it isn't really necessary.
2. Fan Belt made a terrible noise for a few months. Got it replaced and it still was very noisy, but eventually it stopped!
3. Leaking coolant
4. problems with windscreen washers being temperamental/blocking
5. Water holder for washers sprung a leak
6. Rear calipers have seized and thus the handbrake does not work. Estimated costs are £400.
1. Very comfortable and quiet ride. Superb for motorway cruising.
3. No rust, even though it is kept outside on the street.
4. The most reliable car I ever had. Has never broken down. Always starts first time. Last December 2004 it passed the MOT without anything needing fixing! Must add that this car has been serviced each year and generally well looked after with regular oil checks and not been thrashed. Also I only average 10-12k miles per year.
5. Fantastic handling and a pleasure to drive.
1. It is expensive to insure, but shouldn't be because it is actually a slow car. Very big and heavy. Slow to accelerate 0-60!
Top speed I ever had was 120mph. It cruises nicely at 80 - 90mph. Above that and the engine starts to strain slightly.
2.Expensive for petrol - it has a low mileage to gallon (sorry I am not sure what though)?
3. Audi parts are expensive and Audi dealers are three times more expensive than a normal garage.
4. Visibility for the driver when looking over shoulder for traffic on coming is poor.
5. Rear seats do not fold down! Really this car is an executive car and not designed for holding lots of luggage or transporting anything down to the dump for example! I had to buy a roof-rack for it.
I am just about to get rid of my Audi 100e and I will miss it. I will look back with very fond memories.
It is going to cost me at least £500 this MOT (2005), but in previous years it has sailed through. The calipers at the rear have seized up and the handbrake does not work. This is the first major thing to have gone wrong with this car, and although if I got this fixed I am certain the car has many more years of reliable motoring left in it, it has become surplus to my requirements now and I have opted to buy a small diesel van instead.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 29th November, 2005