2007 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 turbo from North America

Summary:

Great car, for the great car lover

The only thing that went wrong with the car was that the diverter valve blew, but this was because I had the car's ECU tuned with a GIAC chip at the Audi dealer (there was too much pressure for the original one). The diverter valve was covered under warranty, and the dealer replaced it for free. Aside from that, there have been no problems.

General Comments:

The 2007 A4 is very easy and fun to drive. It handles around curves with ease, but it does understeer a bit. The Quattro is amazing! I have driven this car through snow, ice, water, mud, and dry pavement, and have yet to feel any loss of grip in the tires. I am using Michelin Primacy tires 235-45-17.

The interior is very nicely put together, and it is a joy to sit inside of the car. The legroom in the rear is a bit cramped, but this is because of the huge trunk. It is a family sedan, which should fit the children in the backseats with no problems or complaints, but when tall adults sit in the back, there are slight legroom issues.

The cars stock 2.0T engine delivers 200HP and 210LB (i think). I did not think that was enough, so I had it chipped, and that made a world of difference. I do love the nice surprise you get when the car goes about 2500rpm and the turbo starts to kick in.

The reason I gave it a low dealer score, is because I was going to an Audi dealer, and they were changing my oil and charging me for 6 quarts, when it only takes 4.8 quarts of oil. The maintenance cost is a bit high, but only due to the premium fuel recommendation; it can run on regular, but the book says performance will decline.

All in all, the car is reliable, easy to maintain, and a pleasure to drive.

Review Date: 1st June, 2011

2007 Audi A4 2.0L turbo from North America

I just recently traded in my '01 GTI for an '07 A4 2.0L Turbo, and have found it to be the biggest nightmare of my life. I bought it, and within 9 days I found myself stuck on the side of the freeway with a broken timing belt.

Initially thinking it was the battery, I had a friend come over to try to jump start the car to no avail, and then I had to get a tow truck to take it back to the city to get it checked out. Found out it was a broken timing belt, and being that it was an interference motor, it could have cracked the walls; thankfully it didn't, but some of the pistons are damaged and it needs some work.

HOW DOES an '07 A4 die within 2 years! I should have just kept the GTI, it had given me noooooo issues!

General Comments:

I HATE IT!

Review Date: 28th July, 2009

29th Jul 2009, 09:47

I thought that the newer Audi's (post 2004) are all timing chains rather than belts.

I'm sorry to hear about your luck, it makes me wonder why the 2.0L Turbo VW's have better reliability, I'd imagine that they'd be identical.

29th Jan 2014, 12:37

One possibility is the car had its odometer rolled back. I see you got it 2 years old with 50k miles. That's a lot of mileage already, could it be that the actual mileage was much higher and the timing belt was way past its useable life? (some sales representatives use their cars all day long and do a lot of mileage yearly).

2007 Audi A4 2.0T turbo from South Africa

Summary:

Good

After owning two previous Audi 1800Ts, I have purchased an Audi 2000T and it needs to be topped up with oil between services.

This never happened with my previous two cars. Have also been told that it's normal.

Other than that love the car.

A Bacon