2013 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 TFSI from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Good overall package, hard to beat on price

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

Did not really intend to buy an Audi in 2013, actually was more set on BMW. However the specifications, power and AWD Quattro system was hard to pass up, considering the equivalent BMW was about $15,000 to $20,000 more.

The S-Tronic transmission changes gears fast and smoothly. However the occasional jerkiness does occur.

The interior, although now a bit dated, gives the feel of a higher end car. Ours came optioned with a beige interior colour, which adds more prestige. And in my opinion a sunroof is a must.

The technology is functional and easy to learn. I am disappointed ours has the traffic menu, but it doesn't work as the car isn't a 2014 model. Even though the dealer said it will work in our car when Audi Australia switches on the traffic service. Nothing they can do I've been told. It's not a big enough issue for me to get it retrofitted.

It's quite a powerful car at 155kw. Put your foot down in sports shift mode and it knocks you back in your seat a little. 6.5 secs to 100km/h. Faster than the Mercedes and BMW in the same price bracket.

Fuel economy is not as advertised at 7l/100km average. More like 8.5l when in travelling in normal, non-peak hour traffic. I have got it to around 6l on longer, constant speed, road trips.

The seats are firm and I like that. Lumbar support was standard on our model. Average legroom in the rear. But good enough for 2 adults to travel comfortably on longer journeys in the back.

The sound system is more than adequate, and the hard disk allows my iTunes songs to be stored with artwork.

The best part would have to be the Quattro system. It grips like a gecko and driving it in the rain feels you're in control without sacrificing speed.

The dealer has been good for us and cheap as we have 3 years free servicing. However at $550 a minor service I will be keen to see what independent Audi specialists quote when my free servicing expires.

A good overall car. Good bargains to be had on this car right now as it's going to be replaced by a new model this or next year. A good budget prestige marque European car if you don't mind that it'll soon be the previous generation.

Review Date: 28th February, 2015

2013 Audi A4 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

A great sport driver's car with fantastic design and engineering - Amazing!

Nothing

General Comments:

I had previously owed a 2009 Audi A4 with the 6 cylinder engine. I had some issues with it, but was very pleased overall.

Audi offered me a deal on the new 2013 Audi A4 that I couldn't refuse, so even though my "old" Audi A4 was really still new, I jumped at the chance to own a new one.

I preferred the 6 cylinder engine, but Audi doesn't offer it in the regular Audi A4 any longer.

Audi addressed the issues that were of concern to me in the previous version -- the ergonomic issues of the dashboard and controls. They also greatly improved the navigation system with 3D and Google.

Also, I enjoy the new interior color combinations Audi offers now. The two tone interior of black and gray is handsome.

A great car!