1984 BMW 7 Series Reviews

First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 3.2 liter inline 6 cylinder Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Quality you're not likely to find today

When I bought the car, it was in rough shape. I have had to replace brakes, wheel cylinders, wheel bearings, radiator hoses, heater hoses, all belts on the motor, and the steering gear box was almost falling apart.

Also, when I replaced the oil, the oil was caked up severely, and the mechanic said the motor will seize up, it's just a matter of time. The reason I'm telling you about these items is to accentuate the disrepair the car was in.

General Comments:

I bought the car in Feb 2011, and am still driving this car daily to work. There have been a lot of needed repairs from the time I bought the car to present (Jan 2012), but the car is definitely coming along. I have long-term plans for this car. Considering all that was wrong with the car when I bought it, it shouldn't be running at all, and any other car wouldn't be. Whoever owned the car before me DID NOT take care of the car, but yet it is still ticking along, and quite nicely at that.

This is the best car I've ever owned, including a 2008 Honda Accord I bought new and a 1998 BMW 740il. It is very fun to drive, it is classic BMW styling, so it gets a lot of looks from people and starts a lot of conversations. The car is very responsive, handles well, is built very well; when I fix something on this car, I can count on it being fixed.

Even after years of abuse and neglect, this car has more life in it than most brand new cars.

Review Date: 8th January, 2012