1981 Buick Electra Review

Year of manufacture1981
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 5.0 V8 Automatic
Previous carBuick Electra

Summary:

An excellent choice of transportation

Well I just purchased this car for a project. So far I will only need to have a new muffler put on it. It does have a few places in the dash cover that are cracked. It also has a sagging headliner, which is no big deal. I drove this car home, and it drove excellent.

General Comments:

I purchased this car earlier today to replace a 1977 Buick Electra that got totalled 2 weeks ago. I will miss my old '77, but this car has my love now.

This car belonged to an elderly woman who has had it since it was brand new. It is a good looking gold with a cream full vinyl roof. It has a good tan interior with excellent pillow top seats, and everything looks good except for the headliner and dash cover, which I will be replacing.

The car ran and drove excellent, but will need a new muffler because it is a bit loud.

Well this car will be a daily driver, and I think I'm going to like it.

Review Date: 18th September, 2010

20th Sep 2010, 11:35

Lovely car. Presumably a 307, so it should have at least another 100,000 miles in it, maybe 200. Is it the overdrive transmission?

23rd Sep 2010, 19:08

I'm the poster of this review. Yes, it has a 3 speed transmission with overdrive. I also agree this car will probably last a long time. They sure don't make them like this any more. I love it.

Average review marks: 10.0 / 10, based on 1 review