1985 Buick Skylark Reviews - Page 2 of 3

First year of ownership1990
Most recent year of ownership1993
Engine and transmission 2.8V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Granada

Summary:

A cute and pretty powerful little car with room inside for a small family

During the 3 years that we had it, the starter went on us, and so did the exhaust system. Other than that, no other problems.

General Comments:

We got it at a local used car lot back in January of 1990. We had paid $3800 at the time. The car had 38000 miles, and was owned by an elderly couple who drove it to the casinos and shopping all the time. What scared us was that the roof had some rust like spots and some tree sap on it. The car was gray with a red interior.

Man could that little car move with its V6 motor! And it was roomy inside for 5 people with a trunk that was a very nice size for a small car. Plus, it was great in the snow. We really liked the car until we got into a serious accident with it.

The car hit a high center median strip with full force. The end result? The front undercarriage was cracked, and the frame was bent a bit. Nobody in the car was seriously hurt. However, we had to get rid of the car.

To this day, that car is still fresh in our minds! We miss it a lot.

Review Date: 20th July, 2006

28th Jul 2010, 14:21

I have one now that just needs a new carburetor. It's the same kind you had, the 2.8 liter V-6 with 116 hp and loads of trunk space and family room. I love the car to death; it's amazing.

1985 Buick Skylark from North America

Model year1985
Year of manufacture1985
First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2002

Summary:

It's a piece of junk

My dad bought this car for me. It was painted blue with a black hood and lots of rust, (in the sun light the roof actually looked red). The previous owner redid the engine right before my dad bought it.

One of the struts was bad so the car leaned sideways.

The seats had burn marks from cigarettes.

The center consul was detachable.

After I received the car, the oil started leaking, (it was never fixed).

There were 2 gas leaks in less than a week.

My mechanic was going to replace a belt for me. As he was looking over the car, he noticed the muffler looked odd. When he reached up, his hand went through the muffler without any force.

The floor boards in the front of the car had holes in them all the way through, (the mechanic attached a sheet of metal to hold the floor to the car).The one floor mat had never been replaced so if you picked it up, you could see the ground and the original color of the interior.

The last time I ran the car, it had a problem not wanting to start. Here it was that there was either a crack in the block or another problem since water was running over into the oil.

General Comments:

The car was a beater from the start and ended that way.

The best part about the car was that it had an alarm system that was worth half as much as the car. Believe it or not, the alarm system actually worked. It even went off every time my dad moved the seat in the car or stepped out, (it never did this to anyone else).

Review Date: 21st September, 2004

20th Jun 2005, 16:10

Well you obviously must have upset your dad in some way... it sounds like to me the car was in just very poor condition... it wasn't well taken care of! all of your complaints were about the condition the car was in and lack of a good mechanic... nothing really about the car itself... I wish your dad more luck/skill next time in purchasing a used vehicle... it usually helps when you open your eyes!

(Smile) sorry if that seemed rude!

1985 Buick Skylark (Owner) and Lover!!! "The Lark"