1995 Buick Skylark Reviews

1995 Buick Skylark limited V6 3.1 liter from North America

Engine and transmission V6 3.1 liter Automatic
Previous carBuick Skylark

Summary:

Nice fun fast car for a buick

I had a green 1995 Buick skylark 4 door limited fully loaded with a moon roof leather power everything when ever it rained extremely hard I would get a puddle in my car. also in when is was cold it would turn into ice. my coolant always leaked out although there were no puddles in or out of the car. the passenger side window was offtrack and would never go in place. I replaced the water pump and hoses. after putting the new water pump in I had a major hose blow over heating the car. that's when the engine died and had to be junked because I did not have $1,500 for a new one. overall the car cost me about $500 bucks not including the typical brakes tires inspection and oil changes. I had the car for 15 months.

General Comments:

I loved the car so much it was really fast and never stalled out on me it got me where I wanted all the time. the fastest I went was 110 with it and it flew!!! I would love to get another one although I'm afraid with the water pump issues these cars have.

Review Date: 13th February, 2008

1995 Buick Skylark 2 dr custom 3.1 6 cylinder from North America

Model year1995
Engine and transmission 3.1 6 cylinder Automatic
Distance when acquired122000 miles
Previous carChevrolet S-10

Summary:

Cheap, to own and operate

As far as I know nothing has gone wrong, but the usual maintenance, the car is all manual except the locks. I do know that you can't unlock the passenger door with the power lock button, but you can lock it with the button.

General Comments:

I was car shopping at the time looking at a truck when a coworker told me to test drive her car for the weekend. I got pulled over for 70 in a 55 literally less than ten minutes after getting into the car for the first time, cause it felt slower. so while its no hotrod its definitely not slow. I took 74 from Indianapolis to the Ohio border at 80 to 95 mph and used just about a quarter tank so its pretty good on gas. The handling is great, very touchy, I'd constantly find myself drifting when id check the mirrors. Tight parking lots are a breeze. The stereo is good, not the best, not the worst, but better than most stock radios from that era. The bass distorts at high volume, but throw in some subs and this thing thumps, styling wise I still think its ugly, but its growing on me, my other pick on a vehicle was a 91 F-150 with a 5.0 and at the price of gas I think Ill stick with the comfort of this speedy little gas saver.

Review Date: 11th July, 2007

1995 Buick Skylark Custom Quad 4 from North America

Model year1995
Engine and transmission Quad 4 Automatic
Distance when acquired132000 miles
Previous carFord Escort

Summary:

Good size, good mileage, dependable, as long as you take good care of it

Front driver and passenger side windows stopped working.

Rear passenger side window just started to fail when I sold it.

Air conditioning stopped working. Would have cost more than the car was worth to fix it, so I left it alone.

Began accelerating slower and slower once I hit about 160000 miles. When I sold it, could barely make it to 70 mph.

Coolant hose replaced at about 160000 miles.

General Comments:

Overall I really enjoyed the car.

Over the 2 years I owned it, only put about $300 in repairs, not including basic upkeep like oil changes and stuff.

I had heard that the type of engine it had didn't always perform well once it reached over 100,000 miles, but I really didn't have many problems at all. I took very good care of it, and it paid off.

Also heard that it was common for head gaskets to blow. As long as I had it, didn't have any problems.

My little sister, who bought the car from me, is still driving it. Other than the windows, she is not having any problems with it!

Review Date: 13th September, 2005