1992 Cadillac Eldorado 4.9L from North America
Best car built in the last 30 years
- My alternator squealed at 120,000 miles - I had the bearings changed.
- The head gasket developed a slow leak at 140,000 miles while pulling a very large boat in heavy traffic (my fault) - I had to replace a head gasket and install thread inserts for the head bolts at 190,000 miles.
- Instrument cluster started to act up, so I replaced it with a used one at 196,000 miles.
- Seats wore out in front at 180,000 miles so I replaced them with used ones from a newer model. (I don't treat the leather with conditioner like I should)
- The aftermarket imitation convertible roof was getting noisy, so I removed it and repainted at 175,000 miles.
This car looks and runs like the day it was born. It's fast and gets 33 MPG on the highway while doing 70 MPH. I'll keep it till I die.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 16th December, 2008