1999 Cadillac Escalade Reviews

1999 Cadillac Escalade 350 from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 350 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Grand Voyager

Summary:

One of GM's Caddy Division's best decisions

Every so often within the last 50000 miles, the car will not start. I climb in, turn the key, the engine turns over and sounds like it will start, but it doesn't. I try it again, and the same thing happens; it sounds like it will start (turns over and fires), but it doesn't. Can anyone out there help me?

General Comments:

The car rides well, corners like a sedan.

The interior is spacious and clean. The leather still looks new.

The steering wheel is beginning to show signs of normal wear on the leather.

There was a small blister that appeared on the dash directly in from of the driver that has grown. The leather (vinyl) has begun to peal and is the size of a quarter.

Review Date: 23rd April, 2006

27th May 2006, 13:27

I have a 99 Cadillac and have owned it for approx 2 years now. I would like to know where I could find this canute valve at? And is anyone else getting vibrations when trying to come to a complete stop? There's a lot of shaking and vibrating generally when going from 45-50 to a complete stop. I am really stumped, I read the Yukon Denali has this problem and it was the slip yoke? Does the caddy have one? Please help!

1999 Cadillac Escalade V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Previous carToyota Solara

Summary:

Awesome, Classy, Comfortable Ride!!

Just the general wear.

General Comments:

I love this truck! It has a very comfortable ride, it's like riding in a lazy boy recliner. Very Sleek Looking. I get a ton of looks and friends always comment on how they like my truck. I feel very secure and love sitting up so high. I am a 21 year old girl who went from driving a sporty two door car to an Escalade.. and I'm hooked. Hopefully, I will be buying a newer model soon, but then again, I would hate to give my current baby up for it. :)

Review Date: 13th January, 2006

1999 Cadillac Escalade 5.7L V8 from North America

First year of ownership1999
Engine and transmission 5.7L V8 Automatic
Previous carDodge Caravan

Summary:

A great SUV, but repairs, although few, are extremely pricey.

Fuel pump at 86k miles (covered by warranty). Brakes have been shot several times ($700 to replace each time). ABS system failed at 94k miles (covered by warranty). I have had horrible experience with the repair and service department at Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda .Another aspect is the fact this car has unbelievable poor resale value. in 1999 it was worth $46k, in 02 with 60k miles it was worth $23k. Now (late 2004) it is worth $12k.

General Comments:

Great ride and power. Safe, Got into two accidents both minor, and it felt like a tapped a shopping cart, however significant damage was done to the other vehicles I collided with. Great stereo and heated leather seats (front and back). Has better handling than you might think. This vehicle has unbelievable poor gas mileage (10mpg) although it does run on regular (87 oct).

Review Date: 14th January, 2005

11th Oct 2005, 11:29

I also own a 1999 Cadillac Escalade. It was a lease vehicle purchased from GA. I have found it to be an OK SUV. I have had major break work done twice. Fuel pump replaced, exhaust donuts replaced, valve cover gaskets replaced, radiator replaced, serpentine belt replaced (twice), back windshield wiper power shortage... all under 84,000 miles. My interior light just stopped working. It works fine manually, but doesn't work when the door is opened----not to mention those incidental items, like replacing the windshield and tires (twice in 3 years).

I love my SUV, but I don't like the constant things I'm having to do to keep it moving.

13th Sep 2006, 12:05

This was my review. The two accidents I got into were the fault of the other parties, fortunately no injuries were caused.

The car now has 126k miles on it (9/06). The A/C stopped working, may need a new compressor ($650), the brakes, AGAIN, needed a vast overhaul ($850).

The car failed to start twice in 20k miles (not bad), but it was because the battery died, hence the car has "rundown battery protection" system.

This car still proves to be reliable, the engine and transmission appear to be bulletproof, I think this car can easily make it to 200k, or even 300k.