2007 Chevrolet Avalanche Reviews

Year of manufacture2007
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2013
Previous carMazda 3

Summary:

Nice versatile truck

Replaced brakes & rotors at 120000.

Rear sway bar bushing.

I have to replace at least one back up sensor every winter.

Tire sensors are useless.

A rear axle seal, which was covered under warranty.

Had to repair the water gutters with silicon located in the box.

Bose stereo had a BAD ground noise. I added a new ground wire to the stock Bose amp under the console... fixed it!

General Comments:

Almost bought a Honda Ridgeline or Toyota because I'm an import guy. I'm sure glad I didn't; the Avalanche is great value for the money.

The fold down mid gate allows me to close the tailgate with a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and is great for camping if you want to sleep in the truck.

The fold up rear seats are great for the dog.

I also like how you can lock everything you put in the box, and it's water tight with the factory box tonneau cover.

Comfort is at least 9/10, and it drives nice.

My only complaints are poor gas mileage, if you live in the mountains, and it's under powered when towing.

Review Date: 21st June, 2013

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LTZ 5.3 from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous carChevrolet Tahoe

Summary:

Excellent...bout time Chevy got one right!!!

Nothing...so far so good.

General Comments:

Everything so far has worked out as planned. I have a black demo with the navigation system and it works like a charm. The rear parking assist is a blessing and the seats are really comfortable. What I really like is the DOD (displacement on demand) becausue you really can't feel when it disengages from 8 cylinders to 4. I like the idea of the Flex Fuel b/c that saves a bundle on gas. If you can find a station. The XM radio is cool and the design is slick. I may never get rid of this one.

Review Date: 4th July, 2007

13th Nov 2007, 19:18

A Chevy of the 50's for today's need. Take a 55 pick-up, add softer bushings, modern shocks and tires, car-like interior and you got it! Illusion is the key, and the reminder is when you push it and try to keep the pace.

24th Jun 2010, 22:00

Why would you ever get rid of it? The 5.3 is Chevy's best motor and will run forever. My friend has one, and he has beat the crap out of it, and it's still going down the road strong; they're a great truck. In fact I'm getting one very shortly.