Chevrolet C3500 Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture1994
Engine and transmission 350 CID TBI Automatic
Distance when acquired120000 miles
Previous carPontiac Firebird

Summary:

General malfunctions

Fuel pump at 123,000 miles, cost $360.00.

Serpentine belt at 128,700 miles, cost $70.00.

Thermostat at 129,200, cost $60.00.

Drivers side window is being held up with a block of wood and duct tape; it didn't cost me nothing but 20 minutes of hillbilly labor.

Alternator seems to be going along with the battery. Estimate that will cost around $300.00 including labor.

The inner fender went out when I blasted a pothole, but I just rigged that up with a grade 8 bolt and it's held this long.

General Comments:

It's a 1 ton work truck so I wasn't expecting a Cadillac, but this thing rides like a tank, and was very reliable the first 5,000 miles I put on it.

Now there always seems to be something going wrong, even though I've taken great care of this thing since I bought it back in March for $1,400. This truck was great all through the summer, and now within the past 2 weeks it just decided my bank account needed a beating and things started going.

My battery gauge keeps telling me it's at 10 volts when I turn the heater and headlights on, but when it's been plugged into the machine at Autozone it reads fine and their machine tells me the alternator is OK as well.

Theres a lot of whistling coming from the intake area too.

And there's the gas mileage, which isn't too bad for a 1 ton truck; 12/17.

For a work truck I guess it's a good deal. The 350 isn't a big power plant but I hauled 3600 pounds of gravel in the bed and it didn't do all that bad.

This nickle and diming though has got to come to an end. This spring I plan on buying another F body or a Mustang.

If anyone has any idea of what could be causing the battery juice problem, e mail me at catfishslayer91@aol.com

Review Date: 21st November, 2008

1997 Chevrolet C3500 6.5 diesel from North America

Model year1997
Year of manufacture1997
Engine and transmission 6.5 diesel Automatic
Previous carGMC Pickup

Summary:

Best truck I ever owned

Only had to replace front brake pads and both batteries since purchasing in 2002.

It is a turbo diesel, runs like a scared rabbit with coyotes chasing it. Acceleration is amazing as well as its pulling power. Rides very comfortable with good fuel economy.

Love my crewcab diesel. Best truck I ever owned. I have driven Ford 7.3 diesels and there is no comparison with this truck. It is so much better on acceleration.

Review Date: 2nd April, 2008