1995 Chevrolet Corvette 350 LT1 from North America

Summary:

Pure enjoyment

Nothing yet, but it will need new weatherstripping and a paint job.

General Comments:

I really enjoy driving this car, since this is my first Vette.

The engine has good power, and I love taking off the targa top, and I don't care that I'm bald.

Review Date: 2nd January, 2014

1995 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe 5.7 from North America

Summary:

Great car, for the same price as a KIA

As a former Florida car, I had to replace all the weatherstripping when I purchased it, new brakes, rotors (badly warped, use a torque wrench!), shocks and serpentine belt.

Fuel pump went bad last year, and I replaced it with genuine GM parts, suggested by my local "generic parts" store.

I have recently replaced both idler pulleys, both rear wheel bearings and all 4 U-joints in the rear; 1 wheel bearing was making a noise, and the joints on the right side were beginning to squeak, so I replaced them all to be safe. (I do my own work, so it's not that expensive)

Currently replacing the rugs, seat covers ($$$), and re-doing the whole interior (She's worth it).

General Comments:

Quick enough to keep me happy, handles well with good tires and when you leave the top on (lots of body flex).

Very comfortable on a trip, excellent gas mileage (averages 24 mpg to-from work).

Insurance isn't bad if you're over 50 and don't have a lot of tickets (I couldn't afford ANY Vette until I was 50!)

Dependable car, not really any problems to speak of that wouldn't happen with any other 15 year old car.

Review Date: 9th February, 2011