2007 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews - Page 2 of 3

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 3.5 from North America

Year of manufacture2007

Summary:

Good car

The left front hub bearing assembly went bad at 32000. It started as a low pitched hum and gradually got louder. This was repaired under warranty.

During very cold weather, a rattle develops near the corner of the dash and the windshield. I just shove a rag in the corner to keep it quiet.

Otherwise so far so good. No problems.

General Comments:

I noticed it frequently down shifted on hills using 87 octane, so I switched to 89 octane 10% ethanol... same price and that issue disappeared.

The car is quiet except for road noise creeping in from the trunk.

I get 32 mpg on the highway on long trips at 65 to 70 mph. Just 25 mpg back and forth from work... mostly highway.

Review Date: 20th March, 2010

3rd Dec 2011, 05:59

I am the originator of this post. Now 50k on the ODO and still no problems. It was time for set of new tires. The old set was making noises like partial tread separation at highway speed. So I went for a set of Tiger Paws from Uniroyal, and the car is quiet again like it was when it was new.

No new rattles... just the one in the corner of the windshield when it is very cold, and no mechanical problems. The engine and tranny are quiet and smooth. So I am very pleased.

I love kicking it down at 55 mph and passing when I come up on some clown on the two-lane. The car readily accelerates to 80 mph to get the job done. I would always recommend the V-6 on the 2007 model vs the 4 cylinder for that reason.

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4 cylinder from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

I don't like this car

Constant problems with the front disk brakes that started around 1000 miles. There is a lot of vibration when applying the brakes, especially at highway speeds. I have had it back to the dealer 6 times, and they have resurfaced the rotors 4 times, but this has not remedied the problem.

There was a lot of clunking noises in the front end. The dealer said it was the steering mechanism that had not been lubricated properly at the factory.

The Bridgestone tires begin to vibrate after driving for more than 5 hours. The dealer was no help with this one.

General Comments:

Cheap components and sloppy assembly. The whole car seems cheap.

I have a feeling it will begin to completely fall apart when it hits 45000 miles.

The engine is noisy and seems to labor under acceleration or on hills.

Review Date: 11th August, 2009

11th Aug 2009, 23:08

Too avoid anymore costly repairs, you should probably trade it in for either a Honda or a Toyota. My recommendation anyways.

12th Aug 2009, 18:09

13th Aug 2009, 12:56

"I agree with the above comment. As a matter of fact, it's impossible to get a bad one."

This isn't entirely true, I'm a Honda-Toyota fan myself, and I drive a 2008 Honda Civic. I disagree with this because it is possible for any car manufacturer to pump out a lemon once in a while. It's very rare that Honda-Toyota do it, but not impossible.

18th Feb 2010, 15:48

Obviously with the Toyota and Honda reviews, the above comments really don't apply anymore.

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4 cylinder from North America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2006
Engine and transmission 4 cylinder Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Venture

Summary:

Crappy

I have had constant problems with the front disk brakes starting at around 3000 miles. The rotors keep warping and are also very prone to corrosion. There is a lot of vibration when applying the brakes. I have taken the car back to the dealer 7-8 times and all they will have do is resurface the rotors. How many times can a rotor be resurfaced? I complained to GM, but they did nothing.

General Comments:

This is a very poorly assembled car with cheap looking everything. The engine is very noisy and there is a lot of wind noise. A very unpleasant car to take a trip in.

Also, the Bridgestone tires start to vibrate after about 5 hours of travel. This is the 4th and last new Chevrolet that I have bought. I will never buy a GM product again.

Review Date: 10th July, 2009

7th Aug 2009, 23:30

Replace it with a Camry. Not only will you be much happier with it, but it's also made in America, unlike that Malibu which was made in Mexico.

8th Aug 2009, 15:39

I agree with the above comment. Buy a Camry or an Accord. They're both much better vehicles.

8th Aug 2009, 15:47

I own a 2006 Chevy Malibu myself. While I haven't had any problems with the brakes, I have to agree that the build quality is terrible. The interior looks like crap, and the cheap looking plastic trim pieces on the exterior look no better. I really wish I had spent a little extra money on a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. But this was much cheaper at the time. I have a feeling I'll end up paying for it in the long run though...