1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture1998
Engine and transmission V6 3.8L Automatic
Distance when acquired62065 miles
Previous carDodge Diplomat

Summary:

Camaro like style and power at a KIA price!

Since I've owned this car, nothing major has gone wrong.

The center console lid hinge has broken, but I have not fixed that. Frankly, it's much easier to find what I need in there with the lid out of the way.

I have noticed some hard shifts when shifting into drive from park or reverse, but it isn't all the time.

General Comments:

I love this car!

It looks great, runs great, and has awesome get up and go power. When getting on the interstate, I don't have to worry about having enough distance to get up to speed, I just give it a little punch and I'm there.

The handling is great, sometimes the ride is a bit rough, but only on really bumpy roads and such.

Parts and accessories are not too expensive and are easy to find.

Review Date: 5th May, 2003

28th Apr 2006, 03:15

I agree with you, I love my z34 V8 engine and I love the power it packs in it. My boyfriend loves it more than I do.

I can depend on my Monte Carlo to get me from point A to point B, and it never really gave me any problems. If I need parts, they are easy to find and to fix. My z34 is the bomb...

I have a dark bluez34 with leather interior and a sun roof. I love Chevy.. call me the chevy gal.

1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 3.8 V6 from North America

Year of manufacture1998
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 3.8 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired72000 kilometres
Previous carNissan 300ZX

Summary:

An affordable luxury sports coupe

The drivers side power window came off the track. The fix cost me about $100 with labor and parts.

The center console lid hinge broke and I had to buy a whole new lid from GM dealership and it was not cheap. The console generally has a cheap feel and other parts of it have broken (like the cigarette tray lid) that I have not bothered to fix yet.

Some of the interior has a cheap and cheesy plastic look and feel to it, but this is typical of most GM cars.

General Comments:

I have the top loaded model for 1998 which has every conceivable GM option on it.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the car's performance. The acceleration power from the 3.8 liter V6 is incredible with 200 hp and yet the engine is still amazingly quiet. It competes well with most any car that has a small V8. Handling is very good, but the ride is a little too soft for my tastes.

I love the look of the dual exhaust, other cars know you mean business on the road.

Sliding power sunroof is a great feature on those hot summer nights cruising in the city or country!

Review Date: 8th December, 2002