1985 Chevrolet Silverado Reviews

1985 Chevrolet Silverado K10 long bed 350 Chevy Small Block from North America

Model year1985
Year of manufacture1985
Engine and transmission 350 Chevy Small Block Automatic

Summary:

#1 Classic 4x4

I replaced the quarter panels, rocker panels, cab corners, and wheel wells do to rust and rot.

General Comments:

I love it, It's my first car and defiantly a head turner. Handles great on and off the road. Plenty of power and is great if you live up North like me in snow country.

Review Date: 24th November, 2007

30th Nov 2011, 21:21

It's great, I owned my 85 forever now, and it's never left me stranded. Went mudding, snow climbing and a lot of burnouts. The only way they rust out bad is if you don't wash the sand and salt off the truck. Salt will eat metal.

1985 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2 diesel from North America

Model year1985
Year of manufacture1985
First year of ownership1985
Engine and transmission 6.2 diesel Manual

Summary:

Like a rock

This truck is excellent. I purchased this truck in '85 right out of the showroom, and since then the only thing that has broke was the rear u-joint.

General Comments:

This truck is awesome, plain and simple. There are 11 grease fittings on it that have been greased once since 1985 and they were greased in 2001.

I first got it non-boosted, but threw a Banks Sidewinder turbo kit on it with all of the upgrades and I can out-haul a lot of 1 tonne trucks and out-perform a lot of todays sports cars.

The only thing that's worth mentioning about the interior is that the dash has a little crack in it. But hey, they all do.

Review Date: 17th October, 2004

1st Oct 2005, 16:18

The 6.2L diesel was OK when it came to power and was a little better with a turbo, but even with a turbo the power is still by no means nothing to brag about let alone say your faster then some sports cars. Honestly I would be extremley surprised if you could even keep up with a new 4 cylinder car. Don't get me wrong I love the 6.2 diesel, but it's no powerhouse that's for sure.