2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 6.2 from North America

Summary:

Great truck for the money!

The dash squeaks a little bit at different temperatures.

The temperature control and fan speed button coloring / lettering has faded and is worn in spots.

General Comments:

I've owned several new Chevrolet pickups. So far I've been very happy with my 2011. The 6.2 engine is absolutely incredible, and has a nice factory exhaust tone. The truck drives nicely, and the cabin is fairly quiet. The truck has plenty of power, and can handle just about anything.

Fuel mileage isn't the best at about 12 MPG around town, and 17-18 highway, but it's worth it when the accelerator is pressed.

There are minor annoyances like a random dash squeak when the weather is cold, but otherwise, I've had no issues.

All in all I'd buy another one, and am happy with the truck.

Review Date: 16th January, 2014

2011 Chevrolet Silverado WT V6 from North America

Summary:

Love the truck, but thank God for the warranty

Oil pan gasket failed at 21000.

Dash controls wire harness broke at 23000.

Oil pan gasket failed at 27000.

Sensor on oil pan leaking at 28000.

Throttle body failure at 35000.

It's always minor problems one after another with this truck. It has never left me stranded, but it's brand new and shouldn't have had this many issues.

General Comments:

I really try and defend my Chevy, but it's making it an uphill battle.

I use my truck for things like towing our pop up camper, going fishing, getting lumber and moving ordinary household items. I get decent gas mileage of approx. 19-20 MPG.

I am glad I bought the 100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty now. Because as soon as I get close to the end, this truck is getting traded in.

Review Date: 11th April, 2013

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 5.3 from North America

Summary:

It's a lemon right off the lot, brand new

The engine is burning 1 to 2 quarts of oil between 3000 mile oil changes, and has since brand new.

The transmission slips on occasion.

The traction control engages itself even after I turn it off.

General Comments:

The truck uses oil.

The truck is comfortable.

The truck gets good fuel mileage.

The transmission slips.

Review Date: 26th March, 2012

27th Mar 2012, 13:53

I drove an '08 3500HD wrecker at one place I worked at. It had the 6L gas engine in it (therefore it didn't have Allison trans, not sure what it had, but it had five gears I think), and it too seemed to have a transmission issue intermittently. It would "flare" or slip slightly when up shifting from 2 to 3.

It was a good looking truck, and I loved driving it, but at 8mpg (!!!) I'm glad it wasn't mine. The Freightliner flat bed I also drove got 9-10 mpg, and was easily twice as heavy!

It went like a scalded cat, high on crystal meth though, and I could almost beat the police to a call if I wanted!

It had a weird banging noise (like you were beating on a steel garbage can with a baseball bat) occasionally, going slowly around moderate turns, and would violently shake the whole truck. It had something to do with the limited slip diff not unlocking. Of course the dealer didn't want to do anything about it, and basically said that it was impossible, and we were making stuff up.

I hope the dealer is going to help you with your excessive oil consumption issue, as that seems very high. If it was still in the break-in period, that would be normal. This sounds stupid, but try driving it hard for a couple hundred miles. Piston rings might be stuck or something. I would also get a compression check done on it somewhere other than the dealer. It is sad that GM dealers don't care about their customers as soon as they drive off the lot.

I personally like GM vehicles, but the way they treat their customers is DISGUSTING! And I would never buy one new.