2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 5.4 from North America

Summary:

Very comfortable vehicle with great MPG. Too many major components wearing out early

Infotainment unit replaced in the first year. The voice command system never works.

The magnetic ride wore out at 83,000 miles.

The transmission died 90,000 miles and 59 months. One month before the warranty ran out.

General Comments:

I bought the Tahoe new. The LTZ was the high end version. It’s very comfortable to ride on long trips. The MPG on interstate trips is still at 22 MPG at 93,000 miles.

My pet peeves include the low hanging front air dam. I have ripped three of them off. Mostly on curbs and driveways. I finally had the body shop cut a few inches off the bottom of the next one. That has worked great.

The LTZ shares the magnetic ride with the Escalade. It went out at 83,000 miles. That was a $3600 repair. My previous Chevy an GMC trucks never needed suspension parts before 150,000.

My nieces 2015 Tahoe LTZ magnetic ride went out at 36,000 miles.

The worst was the transmission TC shredding at 90,000 miles. The bad part was the trans died on vacation in Branson, MO.

The good news was the Chev dealer in Branson is awesome. The other was the warranty had one month left on the power train. No charge. Yea.

The original factory five spoke wheels rust pitted bad at three years. Very disappointed. Chevrolet blamed it on road chemicals.

I have had a few rattles that were easy fixes. The front end has had only a front end alignment which I do when getting new tires. I’m half way through the third set of tires.

Right now at 93,000 and five years the truck looks great. It rides great and is very comfortable on road trips.

Review Date: 26th April, 2020

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 5.3L gas from North America

Summary:

Expensive vehicle, not perfect but my 1st pick when comparing similar vehicles and price ranges

Replaced all catalytic convertors.

Replaced torque convertor and automatic transmission.

General Comments:

On third set of tires, all replacements to date due to road hazards, replaced disc brakes and rotors on front due to wear.

The vehicle is relatively comfortable. It got 20-22 MPG for the first 75K or so; it has since dipped to the 17-19 MPG range since. Not sure if the transmission/TC was a factor in this, will know more over the next year with the new trans in place. All work performed at the dealer where I purchased.

It's a comfortable truck that I enjoy driving; it pulls my trailer fairly well - a single axle with 3600LB GVW max. The Tahoe has the upgraded towing package with the 8400LB max, I should be good right? Looking to get 300K miles on this vehicle but time will tell.

Everything else has been pretty good; did I mention it's fun to drive, easy to maneuver with short turning radius and parallel park with the awesome sensors and rear view camera, and the seats are pretty comfortable. Luggage roof rack works well and easily supports a Yakima carrier on top.

Review Date: 25th August, 2018

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 5.3L V8 from North America

Summary:

Large but easy to maneuver people and gear hauler

Nothing.

General Comments:

First new car that I have purchased. Still very new, but it is the best vehicle that I have owned to date.

Only complaint is gas mileage is less than stellar, however it's on par or better than other similarly sized models.

It is a large vehicle (and the largest that I have owned), yet it's easy to drive in the city. Front and rear park assist make it a breeze to park. Steering is nimble for a large vehicle.

The ride is smooth, especially for a solid axle vehicle. Highway is smooth and quiet.

The gas pedal takes a bit to get used to; the power is there, but you must put your foot into it. It's probably tuned to achieve better gas mileage.

I hope to have this car for a long time.

Review Date: 8th September, 2015