1995 Chevrolet Van Reviews

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1995
Engine and transmission 350 V8 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Camaro

Summary:

This van has yet to let me down, and it's the best vehicle I've owned to date

Nothing! I haven't had it long, but so far so good.

General Comments:

Most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in.

Impressive pickup for what you expect from the size of this beast.

All-purpose vehicle. Long trips short trips I'm taking this van.

I bought this van for $2700 with 85000 miles on it, and after looking at others, this one seemed like a baby with at least another 100000 miles to go on it.

I didn't know if I'd like a conversion van living in N.Y.C. with its size and gas mileage, but this thing has been awesome.

It was sitting in the previous owners driveway for a while, so it had some minor rust spots and a leak somewhere in the roof. I siliconed the entire seam of the high-top cap, which stopped the leaking, but I still get a few drips in real heavy rains.

I've taken the middle 2 captain seats out to make it a temporary cargo van to move some furniture for a day.. This van was made for shopping with a huge amount of space behind the sofa/bed in the back.

Everyone at first thinks I'm nuts for getting it. Then, when they get inside they love it. I was just going to use this one to see if I would want a new one, but after reading all the other reviews, I think this van is going to be around for another 11 years. It starts right up every time and feels like it has plenty of power too. All I did to it was change the VCR for a DVD player. I saw a lot of people getting those huge oversized luxury SUVs and thought maybe I should get one? Now I've got something better.

These vans were around way before them, and they'll be around way after them. I got mine for about a tenth of the price, and all of the luxury and comfort.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2006

22nd Feb 2008, 13:02

I have a 1994 with 155,000 miles. Rebuilt the transmission at a cost of about $2000 8 thousand miles ago.

I concur with your comments, my van passes California Smog with no problems. I figure she'll go at least 200,000, then I'll put in a rebuilt engine and drive the wheels off her.

A great vehicle, and I get an honest 20 mpg on the highway, better than my 4.0 liter Ford Explorer with a V-6. Van has the 5.7 liter Vortec.

1995 Chevrolet Van g-20 4.3 V6 from North America

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1995
First year of ownership1998
Engine and transmission 4.3 V6 Automatic
Most recent distance112000 miles
Previous carAsia Motors corolla

Summary:

The most bang for your buck

Normal stuff, alt, brakes, and tires. seems to eat front tires. changed power window motors a few years back.

General Comments:

Great people carrier, used price is much cheaper than the Astro van, that uses the same equipment. nobody wants a full size van today?you sit up high with a great view. comfortable seats. drove from Phoenix to Buffalo and back this summer, 5300 miles, just gas and one quart of oil. wife says if I replace it, it must be with another big Chevy.

Review Date: 20th September, 2004