1995 Chrysler Neon Reviews - Page 2 of 2

1995 Chrysler Neon LE 2.0 DOHC from Sweden

Engine and transmission 2.0 DOHC Manual
Most recent distance190000 kilometres

An ABS sensor broke at 95000km and another at 150000 km.

AC condenser sprung leak at 100000 km. The condenser broke once again a year later, fixed on warranty though.

AC pipe broke because of rust at 150000km.

Brake-lines sprung leak at 187000km because of rust.

Engine leaked oil when I bought the car, since it never got worse I never had it fixed.

There were some rust on the doors and in the engine compartment. Paint was also peeling of from the roof.

General Comments:

Even though there was quite a lot of problems with the car I still found it very reliable. It always started in the morning and never left me standing by the side of the road.

It was reasonably quick and the handling was excellent.

The comfort was very good considering the size of the car. No problem using it for long road trips. However, the cabin was very noisy due to a smashed window. The garage claimed it was impossible to get a tight fit on the replacement window.

Overall it was a very pleasant car. Considering it was quite cheap to buy the overall cost of owning could have been worse. If Chrysler just focused on rust prevention they would probably make quite trouble free cars.

Review Date: 29th August, 2003

28th Jul 2009, 17:35

I have a 95 neon and am having problems with it vapor locking. Can any one tell me what the problem could be? It seems to be getting hot but not over heating?

I would appreciate any suggestions on the problem. Please email suggestions to stazyzz@yahoo.com

Thank you, Stacy.

1995 Chrysler Neon Sport 2.0 Liter SOHC from North America

Most recent year of ownership2000
Engine and transmission 2.0 Liter SOHC Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Achieva

Summary:

Crap

At 66000 miles the head gasket needed replacing because of oil leaks for $470.00. At 68000 miles the A/C quit and the dealer says the condensor & the evaporator need to be replaced for $1180.00.

General Comments:

I will never never never buy a Chrysler piece of junk ever ever ever again. Cheap materials and workmanship.

Review Date: 29th June, 2000

1995 Chrysler Neon 2.0 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2000

Summary:

What a Joke...

If it could break it has. This thing has been a pile since the 2nd month I had it. The head gasket went bad, the transmission has gone. The a/c compressor died. A sensor comes on every year and cost 250.00 to fix every year. The tires wear unevenly. The muffler has fallen off twice. The speakers were cheap and are all shot.

General Comments:

This car was nice for about a month then it went to hell in a hand basket. It was CHEAPLY made, that was the problem, apparently they didn't take the time to test this car very much before they threw it onto the market. I was told when I bought it by the dealer that they were supposed to be great cars and last forever, that was the biggest lie I've ever been told. I have never been so disgusted with a car in all my time. What makes it worse, when I went to trade it in on a new Chevrolet Prizm they wouldn't even pay the thing off, they basically said they didn't want it! I doubt this car will last to 100,000 miles by the way it is sounding now.

Review Date: 18th May, 2000

1st Jun 2002, 21:32

I have a '95 Chrysler Neon and it has ran for me all this time up until a couple of weeks ago. All I had to do was replace the head gasket. These cars are great I have 300,000 kilometers on it and like I said all I have replaced was a head gasket. I would recommend these cars to people they are fairly fast and are quite reliable. That is all that I have to say on the subject!