2007 Citroen C3 Reviews

2007 Citroen C3 Exclusive 1.6 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.6 petrol Semi-Automatic
Previous carCitroen C3

Summary:

Handles well and well equipped

Our previous C3 was a Sensodrive gearbox 1.4 engine. We found that when the car was changing gear, there wasn't enough power, and the car felt as if it was being pulled back each time it changed gear. We traded the car in for another C3 with a 1600 cc engine, and this has eliminated the problem completely; it's a far better car to drive with the larger engine.

Review Date: 29th January, 2011

2007 Citroen C3 SX 1.4i from UK and Ireland

Model year2008
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 1.4i Manual
Previous carNissan Micra

Summary:

Old stock being sold for new, not up to standard

This car is a strange one, bought from the showroom literally. The car was manufactured in late 2007, but with all new trim inside.

Things needed already: after three months of ownership.

Two front drop links.

Front brake disks.

Fuel gauge adjustment.

All changed under warranty.

General Comments:

The car looks good, but drives very floaty boaty with road vibration felt through steering and pedals. All suspension components have been checked and they seem to be fine.

The car was quite rusty on the brake components hence the change of disks, I think this was due to it being in a compound for some months before finding it's way into a showroom.

The car also seems to feel wallowy when the petrol tank as been filled, but it then settles down. Drive quality is definitely reliant on weight with this vehicle.

I don't rate this car really, too many strange motion feelings when driving it, the dealers are not in-touch with things like this, surprise, surprise!! So the most you'll get are new drop links to replace the ones that were rusty with forward backward movement.

Cars are truly manufactured rubbish with mad computer controlled electrics, these new front wheel drive cars are P*** P***! with bouncy and weak engine mounts, weak drop link design, strange floating brake caliper systems, and all suspension linkage attached by crappy rubber bushes and bendy torsion bars, all running on horrible tyres like Michelin Energy, the most noisiest, hardest, bubbly bouncy tyres ever.

In total, there's more rigidity in a jelly after a few hundred miles. Where the hell are they going with cars these days; they all seem to be built with the same structural design in mind. "AND IT DOES NOT WORK!".

All the older vehicles I've had might of rusted, but they always drove good with great weighting and road presence. These days you sit inside a thin skinned biscuit tin and get thrown around and it gets called a small family car. That must be why there's more airbags needed, and I thought it was for safety, silly me??

Also finally in their wisdom Citroen decided that a coloured paint finish was not required under the bonnet, so they don't spray there. All you get is some combat green primer puke, my god that is bad!!!

To sum up don't buy new cars anymore, I've had five new cars from VW, Suzuki, Nissan, Citroen, over the past 7 years and they were all S***??

The most successful cars I've ever owned were:

1.8L Ford Sierra Sapphire. (FAB)

1.6L, 2.0L Ford Capri's. (FAB)

800 Robin Reliant. (FUN)

Not without some problems I must add, but I could fix it within hours and they drove fantastic, YEP, even the Reliant..

Review Date: 14th April, 2009

7th May 2009, 16:44

Trade it in, and buy a proven second hand car if you don't like it. Not worth having something you don't like when you have to use it every day.

7th May 2009, 19:49

How do you find the Fuel Consumption? My friend has a 2008 57 reg C3 1.4i SX and he isn't impressed with its consumption. I get more mpg in my C2 1.6i 16v VTR SensoDrive than what he gets in his 1.4i.

2007 Citroen C3 diesel diesel from France

Model year2007
Engine and transmission diesel Manual
Most recent distance2000 kilometres
Previous carOpel Meriva

Summary:

Good gas mileage, poor design, horrible quality

Oil consumption is high, but the dealer told me that it's normal on new diesel cars...

The gear lever linkage broke and left me stranded in the middle of a tunnel.

General Comments:

I got this car as a temporary company car because the VW that I ordered will take 3 months to be delivered.

The foam of the seats is so soft that I literally sit on the seat frame. I have to admit that I weight 115 kg, but this has not happened on any other car before. I have to sit on pieces of hard cardboard to protect my hip bones. It's the first car that I drive that It's so unconfortable that it hurts!

The steering wheel obstruct all gouges visibility and the remote radio controls are completely hidden.

Defrosting is slow. Unless you have the air conditioning always on, the windows are foggy. (it's true that I live in a very very rainy area)

While putting some oil on the engine, I discovered that the hood bolts were already rusting...

When driving on an icy road, suddenly the power steering stopped working in the middle of a roundabout. It never happened again, but it scared the hell out of me!

Good point of this car: Gas mileage. You fill it up, and it drives for a month.

Review Date: 28th January, 2008

4th Feb 2008, 15:49

Update to the survey I did a week ago:

The car now makes a loud WANK! every time I go over a bump at a speed over 35 Km/h.

The fuel level indicator does not go completely up when filling up the tank. The last bar never appears.

Whenever I stop on a red light, after some seconds, the car starts to rattle badly as if it was going to stall at any moment.

This morning I turned on the car and I was suddenly surrounded by stinky blue smoke.

14th Feb 2008, 09:35

Are you sure that's the noise it makes? ;-)

14th Oct 2008, 22:51

Very funny review, I enjoyed it. It actually helped me loads with a project I had to complete, very useful information! Thanks!