1994 Daewoo Cielo 1.5i OCH multi-point fuel injected from Australia and New Zealand

Very powerful for its class

The clutch cable snapped, clutch plate wore out.

Replaced the brakes two times.

Paint's peeling off.

Rocker head gasket was worn off and nedded new one,

General Comments:

This car is a very good car for a starting brand. Wehn I bought it, I got it for $1,700. It came with a 1.5i OHC multi-point fuel injected engine (which they used in Holden Camira's) and a 5 speed manual gear box.

Its looks turn people's heads when you're driving it.

It has a good drive, but 1st gear could be stretched out a little.

It has never broken down and is pretty reliable.

I've put a bit of money into it. EX-SPYDER rimz, CD-AUX-RADIO-MP3TUNER with remote, parcel case, dashboard mat and a pair of 350w speakers. I am planning on putting a new spray job on it cause of its reliability and its performance, and I am planning on upgrading the engine. Its 1.5i M-P fuel injected engine is pretty powerful for its class.

I have beaten a lot of cars with this car such as a Toyota Starlet, Proton Satria, Hyundai Excel, Mitsubishi Mirage. If you know how to drive these pocket rockets, they can go pretty fast and go at mad speeds as well. I can't wait to upgrade the engine, it will be a beast.

Review Date: 2nd April, 2007

1994 Daewoo Cielo 1.5i from Australia and New Zealand

Beats Suzuki any day

Paint started peeling, the muffler rusted a bit, the glove compartment wouldn't shut properly, and it kept falling off (got it replaced and fixed).

It has 80's handling.

General Comments:

This car is a great car, and does not fail. The only time it has stalled is if I don't put the clutch down properly. It handles like a rally car, and handles extremely well on corners.

If you wondered why it has a V symbol on the grille instead of a Daewoo symbol, it's because it's copied of the early Vauxhall Astra, and I did some research on the car, and Vauxhall is Holden in England, and Opel is Holden in Europe.

Overall, a cool looking car with lots of vroom.

Review Date: 28th February, 2006