1994 Daewoo Racer GTi 1.5 from Philippines

Summary:

Poor quality and bad dealer service were the reasons why Daewoo went bankrupt in this country

Daewoos here are known for their bad quality and lack of spare parts. This car always breaks down, and worse, whenever this car breaks down, it's very hard to look for parts.

General Comments:

The car, which was owned by my cousin before she migrated to the UK, did not have many problems, unlike our Espero, which had problems all the time, but because of poor dealer support, the car was a headache to own.

We borrowed this one time because my dad was curious how this good is this car, but it didn't meet his expectations.

I think the farthest point this car reached was only Enchanted Kingdom, which is just a few kilometers outside Metro Manila.

Review Date: 10th February, 2009

3rd Jan 2012, 00:01

I think it's all about how you drive the car and how you maintain it... The performance of the vehicle depends also on the person who drives it!!!

24th Apr 2012, 07:28

I agree. As long as you know how to take care of your car, it will give you less problems.

I am aware that Daewoo does not have a service center here in the Philippines. It is almost impossible to look for parts, but if you know where to look, you will find it.

I bought a Daewoo Racer GTi 1994 last year. It was well maintained by the previous owners. I even got a mechanic who used to work at Daewoo motors, looking after my car. My car is now 18 years old and it still in tiptop condition. It would be great to have easy access to parts though.

22nd May 2012, 03:44

I bought a Daewoo Racer ETi 1994 model last February, 2012. To really know how it runs and works, I test drove it from Manila to the province of Leyte in the Visayas. To my surprise, the car went down from smooth to rough roads without breaking down. I just rested twice during the trip; once in Ligao Albay, and another time in Calbayog city, Samar. I reached Tacloban City after a 40 hour drive.

I like this car.

8th Oct 2012, 11:49

May I ask the address of your mechanic? I've got also a Daewoo Racer ETi 94 model, and I want to have it checked by an expert Daewoo mechanic.

Mark of La Union.

1994 Daewoo Racer Basic 1.5i from Bulgaria

Summary:

Great unbreakable car

Window opening mechanisms, replaced.

Some front suspension parts.

General Comments:

Great car, never had real problems with it.

Start it and it'll run forever, just put some gas!

Front suspension lasted 70000km, and had to be replaced, but roads here are more like some off-road tracks with great invisible holes on them.

Fuel consumption is great - 5,8l on the highway with 100-120km/h, and 8l in the city.

Review Date: 17th June, 2004

1994 Daewoo Racer GTi 1.5 from Barbados

Motors for windows had to be replaced within the first two years of ownership.

Water pump had to be replaced at third year of ownership.

Fuel pump had to be replaced at the same time interval.

CV joints shot at the fourth year.

General Comments:

The only saving grace about the car is that once it is working well, it is very reliable.

However trying to get optimal performance from the car is like having your teeth pulled.

Poor acceleration, fuel economy, braking, unavailability of parts, and low after market resale value are reasons not to invest in a daewoo product.

Review Date: 15th March, 2001

12th Aug 2001, 13:59

My name is Chad Powell, I was wondering if you could help me in locating some parts for the Daewoo Racer GTi. My e-mail address is Lesmike@thecable.net or Chadcp1@Hotmail.com, if you could help me I would be so grateful, as I have one of these cars but I am unable to find parts for it.

Thanks in Advance.