1995 Daihatsu Charade Reviews

1995 Daihatsu Charade 1.3L from Australia and New Zealand

Model year1995
Engine and transmission 1.3L Manual
Previous carDaihatsu Mira

Summary:

Highly reliable, cheap to run, low maintenance

Not one problem with this car besides one flat battery!

General Comments:

I've had this car for about 2 years now, and can honestly say it's the most reliable car I've ever owned by far.

I've never had a problem, and I say that in all honesty. Not once has it broken down on me or left me stuck anywhere.

I am prone to letting my services lapse, but this car is forgiving. In all the time I've had it, all I've done is regular oil changes and the car runs PERFECTLY.

I will be upgrading to a newer Charade soon - they are the only car I will buy from now on as I love reliability and cheap running costs!!

Review Date: 28th August, 2009

1995 Daihatsu Charade TS 1.0 from Australia and New Zealand

First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2000
Most recent distance200000 kilometres
Previous carDaihatsu Charade TS

Summary:

Everyone should own one!!!!!!

Nothing has gone wrong in the five years that I have had it. It is the most reliable car I have owned.

General Comments:

This car has done 200,000km in the last 5 years over 4wd tracks and everything.. I treat it badly and love it for what it has done for me...

It costs virtually nothing to run. I travel with a camper trailer on the back and three 9 foot surfboards on the roof and still get 41 miles per gallon.

My father has owned one and swears by it and this is my second... my family with these three cars have travelled almost 600,000km since 1991.. I have spoken to a man with a 93 Charade 1 litre and he has done 137,000 he owns a security business and is still on the 1st engine with the original brakes and exhaust, this is no lie!!!!

Thank you, I just wish they still made it in Australia.

Review Date: 30th August, 2000

5th Jun 2003, 17:19

I can only agree with this report as I own a 1994 3-cylinder Charade and it too is the most reliable vehicle I have owned in the last 35 years.

My Charade has travelled 260,000kms and the only out of the ordinary expense has been a minor repair to the exhaust which cost around $70. The vehicle has often been on 4WD tracks and still runs like new. The first set of tyres managed an amazing 110,000kms and up until now it hasn't even needed a radiator hose replaced and the front brake pads were changed for the first time at 220,000kms whilst the rear linings managed 160,000kms.

The only comment I can make to disagree is that I must admit I also own a 1995 diesel Peugoet 405 which is considerably better in the economy stakes.

The Daihatsu beats all other makes I have owned in the past though for reliability.

1995 Daihatsu Charade CS 1.3 EFI from Australia and New Zealand

Engine and transmission 1.3 EFI

Nothing!

General Comments:

I bought this car new and have travelled 40,000km - nothing has gone wrong! Much of the travel had been 'unkind' driving and the car has been driven hard on gravel roads a lot. Not only would I buy another, I have! This was my second Charade and now my partner also has a 1997 G203 Charade. I have also purchased a second hand 1995 DeTomaso as a competition vehicle.

Review Date: 9th November, 1999