2008 Dodge Ram Reviews

First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2012
Engine and transmission 5.7L Hemi Automatic
Previous carNissan 720 Pickup

Summary:

Great styling and bang for your buck!

No known issues as of this moment.

General Comments:

Beast of a truck - great styling and power.

Can tow mid-size loads with no problems.

Stock rims and tires can make the car a bit bouncy on non-smooth surfaces/roads.

Full options on my ride: rear power slider, sunroof, adjustable pedals and bench seating makes everything comfortable.

Review Date: 20th March, 2012

2008 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7 Liter HEMI from North America

Model year2008
Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 5.7 Liter HEMI Automatic
Previous carDodge Ram

Summary:

Couldn't ask for a better looking or stronger truck. Very pleased with my 5.7 HEMI Sport!

Right suspension seems weaker than other side. Had to have the suspension replaced because the truck was leaning. Problem resolved.

General Comments:

Pleased with the H.P. Gets even better when adding bolt on performance. Always looking forward to increasing power. Quite the head turner.

Seats could be a bit more comfy. Otherwise very pleased with my Sport. Second Ram I've owned. First was an SS/T with a 5.9 ltr 360 ci.

Review Date: 27th September, 2009

27th Sep 2009, 21:46

I owned a '04 Dodge Ram 1500 with a HEMI in it. Awesome truck. Very reliable as well. Dodge is the only domestic brand I trust. Unfortunately, I was unable to keep this beast because I just couldn't afford the gas for the darn thing. These are awesome trucks though. Ford and Chevy don't even come close.

12th Jun 2010, 19:40

I have had my Ram for 3 1/2 yrs. Will not have another!!!

Rebuilt tranny at 120,000 miles.

Replaced with a new tranny at 135,000, clutch over drive went out at 147,000. Warranty paid for it, but I will sell it ASAP!!! Tranny is crap, crap, crap!!

Going back to Chevy.

Oh almost forgot, transfer case went out at 130,000 and I only use 4x4 for snow driving approx. 15 times (not snow plowing). This was a 1998 Ram 1500 extended cab 5.9 (good engine though, no complaints).