2017 Fiat Tipo Elite 1.6 turbo diesel from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Better than I thought

So far nothing.

General Comments:

Bought this car used, was very cheap which has surprised me as it is absolutely super.

The diesel engine is loud on tick over, but after it gets going it settles down. Yes it's not a VW Golf or Ford Focus, but it drives smooth, very comfortable and does what I want it to do.

Plenty of room inside, big boot for my needs, and so far I get around 58 mpg, which is not what Fiat promised, but not bad and also the car is tax free.

This car is for me a hidden gem. There are very few of these cars here on the road, which maybe Fiat has in the past had a bad reputation. Maybe times have changed now and I think the Tipo is great. Hoping to have many happy driving years with this car.

Review Date: 19th November, 2020

20th Nov 2020, 19:15

I agree, this is an excellent car - if you require a self-driving entertainment centre, then you're looking at the wrong vehicle, but people in that category probably aren't on this site in the first place... if what you need is something which drives nicely and is comfortable to do so in, then this is a great option.

I test-drove one of these before going for the even-more-basic Doblo (I REALLY value simplicity and a lack of bells and whistles), and found it did everything I required. If we need a second car in the family we will definitely look at a pre-registered Tipo; there are some huge bargains to be had.