1992 Ford Bronco Reviews - Page 2 of 2

1992 Ford Bronco Custom 5.0 gas from North America

Engine and transmission 5.0 gas Automatic
Distance when acquired132000 miles
Previous carCadillac Seville

Summary:

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned!

Only very minor problems to report. Tiny oil drops in the driveway. I have never owned a vehicle over 100,000 miles that has not given me a little oil drop.

General Comments:

The Bronco"s four wheel drive is amesome in the snow. I take it to the White Mountains of AZ every year for ski trips.

There have been several road trips that I have taken her on. The Bronco performs and rides better than my rough riding rattly Cadillac STS did believe it or not. The only thing that is a little annoying is the common downshift of the Ford transmission when climbing the mountain highways.

Review Date: 28th August, 2004

6th Jun 2006, 23:52

How good of gas mileage does it get? I really want a bronco to replace my bronco II just not enough room in the b2...or power...

1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0L from North America

Engine and transmission 5.0L Manual
Most recent distance119600 miles
Previous carFord Probe

Summary:

These are very offroad capable trucks right from their stock form

Since purchasing it in October, I have had to replace the main rear seal, clutch, wiring harness for the engine, driver’s window motor, wipers, a headlight, fan clutch, tires and transmission.

The transmission was a used five-speed from another Bronco and cost half as much as I bought the truck for. Luckily I have a one-year warranty on it because second gear is already starting to give me problems like the other one did.

I need to get two pins for the rear seat—I have been using make-shift ones and they’re driving me crazy with their rattling!

I have 31X10.5 15R tires on it and only get around 11 mpg.

When I let off the accelerator while going above 40mph the entire truck vibrates for some reason. I thought it was the new tires, but it wasn’t. It must either be the drive-line, or the differential (hopefully not--$$$!!!).

My trailer wiring harness is currently wired up under the rear bumper because of tearing it half-way off while offroading.

General Comments:

I love my Bronco! I love taking it out in the dessert, or in the mud. Every time I take it out it impresses me with what it can handle. I have only been stopped by an obstacle once. It was a deeply rutted road going uphill which was made of shale-a very loose material. If I'd had a locker in my axle I'd a made it no sweat!

I've had it in every kind of terrain except for snow-I live in Phoenix, AZ where we don't have "real" winters.

I love how tight these things turn! It really helps while offroading or flipping a U-turn.

The width of them is great for not rolling while offroading, but it makes it very tight on some trails-expect to get some unwanted pin-stripping.

They have an awesome amount of clearance for a stock vehicle-about eight inches at the lowest point (rear differential).

If you take the rear seat out you can fit a full size air mattress in the rear with the tailgate up. This is very convenient for camping if you don't like tents and you can't get a trailer in where you want to camp.

Overall, the Bronco is a great multi-purpose truck with huge capabilities and many uses.

Review Date: 19th April, 2004

19th Nov 2007, 20:29

I own a 1992 xl. I have 31x10.5x15 a/ts and I love driving off road. I went through a mud pit in 2wd that a Chevy 1500 on 32's had to put in 4wd to get through. I've only been stuck one time and that's because it had rained for like a week straight. I love my Bronco.

8th Mar 2009, 22:30

I had 92 Bronco with a 5.0 motor 5 speed manual and it was in good condition. I should have kept it, and I sold it one month later for a profit. I'm stupid for doing that, now I want one and can't find one with a manual trans. All I see are autos and I hate automatic vehicles. They are fun trucks. They're not quick at all, but tons of torque for offroading and pulling.

1992 Ford Bronco Custom V8 from North America