2011 Ford Econoline E250 5.4L Triton from North America
Bought it on reputation --- So far so good
Transmission front bearing assembly failure at 102,000 km.
- Covered under a 'one time' warranty recall.
- I'm happy that I did not have to shell out thousands of dollars for a new transmission.
Rear seal leak at 2000 km.
Pitman arm leak at 16000 km.
December 27/14 - I have 117,000 km on this van now. I had a few issues that warranty covered. No issues whatsoever with the engine so far.
- I like the chrome/plastic grill and placement of the controls on the dash.
- A/C and heat work great with the exception of the floor heat. Heat vents are directed towards my ankles instead of my feet.
- 15 MPG (American) with mixed driving. I like the big gas tank --- I can get 700-800 km out of a tank in the summer.
- Silver paint job looks great.
- Minimal road noise/engine noise compared to previous vans I have owned.
- SYNC system is great, and works like a charm.
- Interior seats are cheap quality, not a lot of cushioning.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 19th October, 2011