1994 Ford F250 Reviews

1994 Ford F250 XL 7.5 from North America

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1994
Previous carDodge Ram Wagon

Summary:

Excellent work truck that takes a beating and has never stranded me anywhere

Exhaust manifold threads on head rusted off, had to replace heads and manifolds.

Rear brakes did not work at all when bought (known issue, got the truck cheap).

Replaced all brake lines.

General Comments:

I needed a work/plow truck that was not nice looking, so I didn't feel bad if I dented or scratched it. This truck was very cheap ($1500), and has met my needs very well.

However the former owner did not care for it, and it has needed some attention.

Wear and tear is normal for the abuse I give it. I plow driveways, pull fallen trees out of the woods, haul heavy items.

The power of the 7.5 is great, but boy does it love gas. I average about 10 miles per gallon, I do not use this as my daily driver or I would be broke.

Review Date: 20th April, 2010

1994 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab 7.3 IDI turbo diesel (Not Powerstroke) from North America

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1993
Engine and transmission 7.3 IDI turbo diesel (Not Powerstroke) Automatic
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

Best Truck accompanied by a GREAT engine

Transmission input bearing and seal were worn when I bought the truck replaced for free from dealer.

Power Window motor burnt out.

Kept blowing the Tachometer fuse, I traced the problem to a shorting wire on the firewall.

Replaced one bad Glow Plug.

Coolant sensor gone bad (Used to activate the glow plugs) I have it unplugged now so the glow plugs always cycle fully, but I have no throttle advance.

General Comments:

I bought this truck for the Simple fact that I needed something cheaper on Insurance (or in other words older) And I have ALWAYS wanted a Diesel.

The truck has AMAZING pulling power and has NO trouble holding speed or even accelerating with a load. Maintenance is cheap and easy on this engine as it is FULLY mechanical with NO computer controls. It has NO trouble starting even in -20ÂșC weather and even colder if you plug it in.

The transmission shifts are soft and smooth for regular driving, but when the hammer is down it shifts HARD.

The truck itself is as tough as nails on the outside and still offers the best creature comforts inside. It has developed a few squeaks and rattles, but this is expected with a heavy truck like this of this age.

After driving it now for almost a full year I have grown VERY fond of the truck and can never see myself selling it. It is not the greatest in the snow, but gets me from point a-b nonetheless and even manages better Fuel mileage than some v6 trucks. My average Fuel mileage for mixed driving is 16.5mpg with my best being 17.5mpg.

All in all it may not be the fanciest truck with the MOST power, but it has proven that its got all it needs and is a reliable efficient comfortable WORKHORSE that does not fear a little fun on the side.

Review Date: 26th December, 2004

26th Dec 2012, 00:53

I have a 1994 Ford F250 7.3 diesel (non-turbo) 4x4, 5-speed manual standard cab XLT, long bed.

This truck had 198000 on almost a year ago when I purchased it. It now has 208000 miles on and no problems.

I did some modifications, straight-piped it, added a K&N air filter, ran a couple cans of Power Service through it to clean the injectors, and it is a powerful top runner now.

I recently towed a heavy 18' trailer with an excavator on it, approx weight around 12000 pounds, to my farm in the Potomac Highlands of WV. It handled it with no problem on paved roads in mountainous terrain.

I use this truck daily, it always gets 18-21 MPG, wish I could get the same with my other truck.

My plans are to repaint it and keep it. Toughest Ford I've ever owned, and the most powerful.

1994 Ford F250 XLT 7.3 turbo diesel from North America