1979 Ford F350 Custom 5.8 Cleveland from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Great workhorse, great beast!

Not much, minor things.

General Comments:

As long as you get a rust free one, they're the best truck ever!

Review Date: 16th May, 2008

4th Jan 2012, 01:34

I had a 79 F350; great truck, but the damn exhaust manifold, exhaust connection was a nightmare to fix. Never did solve the problem, sold it and let the new owner figure it out. I told him about it, but never found out how or if he remedied the situation.

1979 Ford F350 Camper Special 460 from North America

Summary:

This is

Power steering pump after sitting for two years.

Radiator after a towing accident.

Several batteries until upgraded to a 700ca.

Heavy duty starter.

C6 transmission rebuild.

General Comments:

This truck was my Grandfathers' and passed on to me for use as a horse hauling rig. In this aspect it has performed perfectly and never failed to pull any load I asked.

It has been used to pull bumper pull, goose-neck, and fifth wheel trailers up to 45 feet in length.

The Supercab provides an extremely roomy and comfortable space for up to 6 passengers.

The factory dual tanks provide plenty of gas to feed the 7.5 liter engine which only allows for approximately 10 miles per gallon.

The Ford power steering pumps seem to have a continuous noise that requires a little getting used to.

Over all I may have lucked into this truck, but it is one of the greatest work vehicles around.

Review Date: 21st September, 2003

1979 Ford F350 XL 460 V8 from North America

Summary:

Get one if you can

Replaced radiator.

Repaired rear brakes.

Repaired gas tank switch.

Replaced starter.

Repaired transmission leaks.

Leaks oil (but that can be fixed).

General Comments:

It shows some wear, but who wouldn't after 170K+ miles? I love this truck!

I tow my horses and my travel trailer all over with it and it's always on its feet. It's perfectly geared for towing, and the 460 power is exceptional - just rest your toe on the throttle and it jumps!

It gets really bad mileage, of course, but I can buy a lot of gas with the money I save on a car payment for a comparable new truck. Averaged out, I've spent approx $600.00/year to maintain it. I can live with that!

Review Date: 30th November, 2001