1974 Ford Falcon Review

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 351cu.in. (5.8 ltr.) Manual
Most recent distance262000 kilometres
Previous carDodge Dodge Challenger R/T

Summary:

A quality road going race car

Nothing major has occurred

Have had a full repaint (original color)

Drivers seat re-trimmed

New carpet

General wear items replaced i.e. clutch / brake pads (4 wheel disc's)

Serviced every 10,000 klms.

General Comments:

Last of the 70's GT Falcons some say the last real GT.

Getting more popular now as a collectors item these cars suffered badly at the hands fools in their prime.

They were a quick cheap car and got "thrashed" to death most ending up in wrecking yards.

A good example now fetching upward past $10,000 au. they are set to become part of our Australian Motoring History.

I thank everyone who has rescued a GT or a similar vehicle, oh so many were taken for granted.

Review Date: 2nd November, 2002

4th Feb 2003, 07:13

I thought the XY GT, was the last of the real GT's!

XB GT, luxurious in the GT tradition? -Yes, but not in the performance stakes.

30th Mar 2005, 09:53

If you would tell people it was the same car that Mad Max drove I bet you will get it sold in no time.

31st Aug 2005, 22:57

The reason you can't sell your ute is because it is not a gt ford never made gt utes. It is probably a gs ute witch could be optioned up to nearly gt level when new. I also doubt any one would be willing to pay 30,000 for it.

9th Feb 2007, 01:32

XB GT are an appreciating classic. Like most people who own one they know what people are paying for the genuine article these days.

4th Sep 2010, 03:03

Hi, my name is Jack, I have been in the trade for over 25 years, I suppose that makes me old. But it doesn't matter what model GT I have in my workshop at one time, everyone's eyes light up with pure joy just to be near a part of Australian history.

I have rebuilt many GT's over the years for myself and customers. The one gem that I and many have overlooked over the years, is the XB GT. In the last 4 years, I have rebuilt 5 XB GTs from ground up, and consider myself a very lucky person to have helped these poor unsent souls. I have grown to appreciate this model, and think this model is a sleeping giant, as you can now see by their prices.

Good luck to all. And remember, have fun. Not too many people can truly say I own a part of Australian history!

Average review marks: 6.8 / 10, based on 1 review