2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost PowerShift from Belgium

Summary:

Very good all-rounder

I have been driving it for a year, so nothing really.

General Comments:

The Fiesta had a tough job. It had to replace my beloved 147. Except for the more expensive seats and the rear view camera (on a Fiesta, come on), I have all the options. The engine is impressive, although too slow for me (the Alfa was a 2.0). I drove it nearly a year and I did an engine remap to increase its power from 100 to 142 and the torque from 170 to 260. Needless to say, it moves now and it transformed the car.

The gearbox is OK I guess. Miles better of course than my old Selespeed, but under power and high revs, it can make some very strange noises. My dealer said it's normal, because it's a dry gearbox (or something).

It uses a lot of fuel though, I am at an average of 7.5L (32 MPG). For a three cylinder with Eco in its name... My now 15 year old Alfa used only 1 litre of petrol more with an engine twice as big.

The optional sat nav is dreadful, and I picked the most expensive stereo on the option list (Sony) and it does not meet my expectations (granted, my 147 had a Bose system).

The optional styling kit looks great (spoiler, side skirts, rear diffuser, front splitter, the lot).

In Belgium, the road tax is based on engine size, so I pay nearly nothing at 1.0 (I paid 3 times more for my 2.0, don't ask about a Viper over here... 16500 euros in the first year since you ask, but I digress :) )

As small cars go, I believe the Fiesta is probably the best.

Review Date: 4th July, 2015