2005 Ford Fusion Reviews

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Duratec Automatic
Previous carVolkswagen Passat

Summary:

Decent attempt by Ford for a new sedan

My transmission may be going out. The car lunges into 2-3 gear when it shifts up, as well as abruptly down shifts. The Ford dealer has had my car 3 times now, and it hasn't cost me a single penny yet.

General Comments:

Overall the car is nice. The fusion was the best priced car in its category; however, I'm afraid that I may be getting what I paid for.

Performance is not as great as the competitors like the Accord, Camry, or Sonata, but that's not why I purchased the car. It looks fabulous!

Hopefully the dealer can fix my transmission or at least give me another Fusion. The focus is a horrible little car, which I have as a loaner. I was atleast hoping for the 500 as a loaner.

Review Date: 20th April, 2006

21st Apr 2006, 15:31

The Fusion as well as its Mercury and Lincoln twins, really just came out. As such, especially for US makers, you'll expect some teething problems. It's a great-looking car and pretty well-designed. As long as the problems can eventually be tracked down for good, it should be OK. It may be an unheard of problem on a new transmission design. The Focus, I can't believe how Ford US has practically copied it from Germany down to the stereo, and yet while the Focus is a very good and reliable car in Europe, it has so many recalls and is not as dependable Stateside.

2005 Ford Fusion 1.6 gasoline from Serbia

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2005
Engine and transmission 1.6 gasoline Manual
Previous carRenault Laguna

Summary:

Great idea, but needs some polishing

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

Compact, short, and easy to drive in town.

Roomy for passengers, great baggage area for 4.0 m. car. I have a lot of short trips in town, and considering that I am 6.4 easy access and higher driver seat is the mayor reason why I choose Fusion.

Very tough suspension, considering I just got out of Renault Laguna. You can feel every single bump on road. But, it is interesting that on higher speeds this is less noticeable.

I was also considering RAV 4, HR-V, but Fusion provided similar for half the price. Also considered Focus and C4, but these cars are designed as a luxury "wanna be" cars which are not so useful for everyday needs. Old Focus for instance, was far better than new one...

Having problems with Laguna, I was stronglly considering japanese cars. But Japanese don't have roomy cars in general. Rav4 and HR-V, which are a class higher, didn't provided more room than Fusion. I sincerely hope that these Fusion-s are well built as Japanese, considering that Fusion is German-made...

Review Date: 27th February, 2006