2005 Ford Fusion 2 1.4 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Cheap and cheerful runabout

Leak from the thermostat housing. Why did they make it from plastic?!?

General Comments:

Very economical, great driving position but very loud road noise.

Cheap to service. Oil filters for under £5!

As long as you are below 50 mph, it is totally fine, above that the cabin noise is tiresome.

45-47 MPG (on a UK gallon) if you drive it gently.

Plastic, lots and lots of it! It does not feel luxurious - because it is a budget motor.

Review Date: 30th September, 2019

2005 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0 V6 Duratec from North America

Summary:

Decent attempt by Ford for a new sedan

My transmission may be going out. The car lunges into 2-3 gear when it shifts up, as well as abruptly down shifts. The Ford dealer has had my car 3 times now, and it hasn't cost me a single penny yet.

General Comments:

Overall the car is nice. The fusion was the best priced car in its category; however, I'm afraid that I may be getting what I paid for.

Performance is not as great as the competitors like the Accord, Camry, or Sonata, but that's not why I purchased the car. It looks fabulous!

Hopefully the dealer can fix my transmission or at least give me another Fusion. The focus is a horrible little car, which I have as a loaner. I was atleast hoping for the 500 as a loaner.

Review Date: 20th April, 2006

21st Apr 2006, 15:31

The Fusion as well as its Mercury and Lincoln twins, really just came out. As such, especially for US makers, you'll expect some teething problems. It's a great-looking car and pretty well-designed. As long as the problems can eventually be tracked down for good, it should be OK. It may be an unheard of problem on a new transmission design. The Focus, I can't believe how Ford US has practically copied it from Germany down to the stereo, and yet while the Focus is a very good and reliable car in Europe, it has so many recalls and is not as dependable Stateside.

2005 Ford Fusion 1.6 gasoline from Serbia

Summary:

Great idea, but needs some polishing

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

Compact, short, and easy to drive in town.

Roomy for passengers, great baggage area for 4.0 m. car. I have a lot of short trips in town, and considering that I am 6.4 easy access and higher driver seat is the mayor reason why I choose Fusion.

Very tough suspension, considering I just got out of Renault Laguna. You can feel every single bump on road. But, it is interesting that on higher speeds this is less noticeable.

I was also considering RAV 4, HR-V, but Fusion provided similar for half the price. Also considered Focus and C4, but these cars are designed as a luxury "wanna be" cars which are not so useful for everyday needs. Old Focus for instance, was far better than new one...

Having problems with Laguna, I was stronglly considering japanese cars. But Japanese don't have roomy cars in general. Rav4 and HR-V, which are a class higher, didn't provided more room than Fusion. I sincerely hope that these Fusion-s are well built as Japanese, considering that Fusion is German-made...

Review Date: 27th February, 2006