1971 Ford Galaxie Reviews

Year of manufacture1971
Engine and transmission 351 V8 Automatic
Most recent distance132000 miles
Previous carMercury Marquis

Summary:

Elegant and robust at the same time!

Nothing wrong with the car so far..

General Comments:

Very nice and comfortable to drive. Love it.. the car is completely stock, in mint exterior and interior. Only thing I replaced was the ignition, I upgraded to Pertronix II and had it tuned and dyno tested. MPG at present is around 15, 16 open highway. I only drive the car to work (99% highway) Mileage in city must be lower..

The reason I bought and imported to car to New Zealand was simple: Mike Stone and Steve Keller from "Streets of San Francisco" drove a 4 door sedan and I always liked the shape (mine is a 2dr)

Review Date: 26th August, 2009

21st Sep 2009, 09:19

Are you the same guy who was selling that '71 2-door for a while? I guess there can't be all that many U.S. Fords in NZ. I saw a video, and it is an awesome car. I had a '71 4-door hardtop that I had from '73 to '77. I took it across the U.S. twice... no problems. I really liked that car and wish I had it back right now.

I didn't watch Streets of San Francisco that much, but I did watch Hawaii 5-0, and it was very similar to McGarrett's Mercury.

23rd Sep 2009, 15:38

Yep, that is correct!!! How small the world is... Now that I keep the car and summer is approaching down under, it is even nicer to cruise.. Thanks for your comment. Steve McGarrett's Mercury Parklane is awesome. I wish..!

1971 Ford Galaxie Ltd Landau 292 CID V8 from Brazil

Year of manufacture1971
Engine and transmission 292 CID V8 Manual
Distance when acquired52000 kilometres
Previous carFord Corcel

Summary:

A very reliable (and expensive) traveler

Carburetor failure.

Engine failure.

Spark plugs defective.

Shifter without proper precision.

General Comments:

This car is still comfortable.

In the past, was the Brazilian's most luxurious car, and the only one full-sized model produced here.

The engine, despite is the obsolete 292 CID "Yblock", 190 HP SAE, still running smooth and with plenty of power.

That's also because the most of Brazilian cars are four bangers, undersized, which main purpose is to save fuel.

I also need to say this version is almost the same as 1967 US Ford Galaxie, less the engine.

It's very nice to drive it in the roads, because runs in silence and you can keep a good cruise speed.

Otherwise, the weight of the car, and the obsolete (but delicious) engine, makes it an expensive car for daily driving.

The length is also a big problem, if you're looking for parking places.

Review Date: 24th February, 2004

4th Nov 2006, 10:35

I owned a 71 LTD wagon they are great cars. wish there were lots around still to see.