2007 Ford Galaxy Ghia 2.2 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

RUBBISH - throw it in the dustbin!!!

WE ABSOLUTELY HATED THIS CAR, ONLY GOT IT BECAUSE WE NEEDED THE GINORMOUS BOOT FOR THE MAJOR DISABLED BUGGY/PUSHCHAIR/WHEELCHAIR.

It was the most DANGEROUS car that we have ever had. It was so big that we always had trouble parking it, even in the disabled bays.

I don't think that it was sound proof, as most cars are, as it was very noisy, and I have driven LOADS of different makes of vehicles in my time.

The only thing nice I can say about the Galaxy is the HAND-BRAKE (I LOVED THAT); it was so comfortable to grip and to pull + push. But if that's all I can say about a car, then that's quite bad. Wouldn't you agree?

AND YES!! I DID TEST DRIVE THE CAR! BUT, UNFORTUNATELY, NOT OUT ON THE COUNTRY LANES WHERE I DRIVE EVERY DAY, AND IT DID ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, SO THAT'S WHY I GAVE IT BACK TO THE GARAGE BEFORE IT COULD ENCOUNTER MORE.

I was so glad to finally give it back for the SAFEST CAR on the market, and NO, we would definitely would not recommend anyone to have a Ford Galaxy. EVER!!!

General Comments:

It was very noisy. The engine was noisy as well.

We found the leg room was TOO MUCH (you honestly don't need that much, even if you are 7' tall).

It had a high ceiling, which was good to climb over from front to back, but WHY!! (if you were 8' tall, you still don't need that height).

We also found that it was just useless in bad weather; didn't grip the wet roads at all, and cornering in the bends was dangerous, as it was so top heavy, and it didn't have the strength.. so you had to make sure you slowed to a near stop, to ensure you didn't roll or swerve sharply.

Review Date: 30th December, 2010

31st Dec 2010, 02:17

So nothing actually went wrong with the car while you had it? Everything you've blasted this car for is part of the car's design, and if you'd test driven it first, you would've picked up all these "faults".

31st Dec 2010, 13:35

Agree with above; bizarre report on what is a good car and handles superbly for a large MPV. Did you not test drive it?

You bought a Skoda Yeti as the safer option?

???

28th Jan 2011, 22:15

I also agree, the Galaxy is dangerous.

It has loads of blind spots.

Could not cope in the snow either, so obviously it is very unreliable.

Took it for a test drive, but gave it back after two weeks of having it from brand new.

I have test driven all sorts of vehicles, but I will never drive another Galaxy again after this one.

Hopefully, Ford may get it right one of these days.

29th Jan 2011, 18:43

All I can say is that the Ford Galaxy has loads of problems, and hopefully Ford might get it right one of these days.

My Galaxy 1.9 TDi 2005 had loads of problems: alternator and wiring burnt out, the auxiliary heater had serious problems, the car smelt of oil inside and burning electrics. Not to say anything more about the broken gear and clutch.

24th Dec 2013, 17:16

I've got a 2005 1.9 TDI Galaxy too my friend, and although it has a Ford badge, it's a VW Sharan from head to toe.

In my 4 years of ownership and the 153k I've put on it (bought it with 83k, now sitting at 236k) it has been reliable and cheap to run.

I do the maintenance myself, and the reason your alternator burnt out was because your alternator wire melted the fuse box, you didn't replace the wire, and it happened again, damaging the alternator. A little Google search would have shown it's a common thing, and a wire + fuse box set you back about £75 only.

Cars are machines and require attention. You clearly know how to use the Internet. Maybe next time research a little more and save yourself some time and money.

1st Nov 2014, 20:13