Good, but really let down by stupid faults
- Squeaking noises from the front of car within first 2,000 miles. Fixed under warranty. The dealer never told me what it was, but I think it was the bonnet stops that needed adjustment.
- Various dashboard rattles. Dashboard assembly removed and refitted under warranty.
- Front driver's side shock absorber failed just before 5,000 miles; it was knocking loudly when I drove over bumps in the road. Replaced under warranty after much argument with the dealer!
- At 6,000 miles, a leak into the driver's foot well was discovered. Fixed under warranty - was due to bad welding from the factory, no kidding.
- At 6,000 miles I realised that the VIN plate (chassis number plate) in the engine bay was missing. Fixed under warranty. I've noticed lots of other Kas with these missing.
- Air conditioning light stopped working, then started working again. The LED needs replacing, but it's soldered to a circuit board behind the centre console (not just a simple bulb replacement). It still works, but becomes dim or turns off when the car's headlights are turned on. Ford don't cover electrics after the 1st year of warranty, so I didn't even tell them about it.
- Metal on the boot lid around the rear wiper grommet has started to rust after just 3 years. Not even going to attempt going to Ford with this, having it repaired by someone else instead.
- The car's interior fixings such as the dashboard trim still rattles when driving on a rough surface. Really lets down the whole car.
The car is very good to drive - the engine is responsive, it's good on the motorway/long journeys, and the equipment is good for a cheap small car - electric adjustable mirrors, heated front/rear screens, electric windows, and a radio/CD player as standard with AUX, so you can plug an iPod into it.
Overall, I am happy with the car. But the numerous faults have really annoyed me, especially since I bought the car NEW and I am the only person who has ever driven it. I take extreme care of it, I even had it rustproofed when it was 2 years old - the underside is immaculate. Unfortunately cavity wax didn't stop it rusting around the rear wiper.
I wouldn't buy another, purely because of the Ford dealer's poor customer service. And also because I want a larger and more refined car next time.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 19th September, 2011