2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent car

Not much other than usual wear and tear (brake pads, battery, etc.). It did come with a complete history and all oil changes done and appears to be well looked after, and I will continue to look after it.

General Comments:

I've had Ford Mondeos since the 1990s, and this modern 2011 car still feels very fresh. I think they only stopped making this shape a couple of years ago; I like the newer model, but this one still feels as good as new, packed with all the technology you would expect from a modern car.

Inside the interior is very comfortable and the Titanium X model is near top of the range. You name it, it's got it. Really good looking in black with massive alloy wheels. Had this car been less common, more people would notice how good it looks.

Driving this car is quiet and smooth; the 2.0 petrol engine is comparatively rare considering every other one of these Mondeos you see is a diesel. I think the petrol engine strength's are in refinement and it's ultimately more fun to drive. You can achieve close to 40 MPG if you drive carefully, which is bearable.

Hard to say any more about it, the Mondeo is just a good all round car. Its main rival the Vauxhall Insignia is also a nice car and I have no bias toward either, though after driving a friend's Insignia, the Mondeo is still slightly sharper to drive, which has always been its strength.

On average mileage at about 70,000 now, however I plan to keep it put many more miles on it - my previous MK1 & MK2 Mondeos back in the late 1990s and early 2000s made it to very high mileages without any major problems; I expect this car to be no different if I take care of it.

Review Date: 16th January, 2018